What is the cmos shutdown test[not solved]

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Hunterrules0_0, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Hunterrules0_0

Hunterrules0_0 MDL Member

Nov 27, 2021
    All right Im trying to emulate the dell gx150 on a custom fork of 86box however it keeps getting stuck on "CMOS shutdown test in progress (or bad)" dose anyone even know what the cmos shutdown test even is

2. Hunterrules0_0

Nov 27, 2021
    still running into this issue

3. case-sensitive

case-sensitive MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2013
    Did you try taking the battery out and putting it back in again ? ........... Did you try changing it for a new one , maybe its f**ked or flat ?

4. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    Care to explain where the battery door is supposed to be in an emulator? :wacko:

5. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    Sweety stop being a clever dick . If you have nothing helpfull to say ......again ...... shut up .

I put my head out of the window realising it could get chopped off .......... to try to help someone ........... as YOU and noone else said anything . If your so wonderfull help him and not just look down on others and ttry to score ego points by matsrebating in peoples faces .

I've never used an emulator ......... and never played any computer games . I'm just a regular computer joe tha surfs about 14 hours every day for over 20 years . When i , my family , friends and neighbours get problems i solve them on my own . Starting at the beginning and going on from there .

AGAIN before i posted i used duckduckgo and read things . there is NOTHING there abouit emulator cmos .......... or ' cmos shutdown test ' ...... so i have to look at my experience with cmos .......... with wich i had BIG problems for a long time ............ untill i took the battery out ......... and put a new one in ........ wich reset the cmos and solved the problem .

So big mouth . HELP him . Tell us what ' cmos shutdown test ' is ......... and what his problem is and how to fix it .

6. acer-5100

acer-5100 MDL Guru

Dec 8, 2018
    When I have nothing helpful to say I just stay silent.

Try to follow the same rule. It works.;)

7. Hunterrules0_0

Nov 27, 2021
  8. Hunterrules0_0

Nov 27, 2021
    If you guys can get the bios working in a emulator or vm that would be amazing

Attached Files:

• bios.7z
      File size:
      263.7 KB
      Views:
  9. case-sensitive

Nov 7, 2013
    I thought ....... if its a cmos problem it might help to reset it ........... and thats the only thing i could find that talked about resetting it .

I apologise to you for my directness . The guy has been told over and over again not just by me but doesnt learn , keeps shooting at people , cant shut up and trys to have the last word . If i dont know something i want to learn and dont mind being told i'm wrong but i dont like being stalked , dissed and shot at . especialy by someone that doesnt help or have anything positive to say .

I wish you well and hope you solve your problem . I'm out :).

10. Hunterrules0_0

Nov 27, 2021
    I solved it. I just needed to change the flash