What is the most popular scripting language today

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by User decoding, May 21, 2014.

1. User decoding

User decoding MDL Novice

May 21, 2014
    What is most popular scripting language today?

2. jellybelly

jellybelly MDL Member

Oct 30, 2009
    no such thing really.. each language will have it's own uses for each person.. and each person will use the language that is needed for their purpose.

3. Domonus

Domonus MDL Novice

Feb 25, 2014
    At the top of the spectrum sits Bourne/Shell totally and utterly alone. No matter what language you are working with, Bourne is always part of the process. Its the 10,000lbs giant Swiss-Army knife. Don't be fooled, there really is nothing else which comes within planetary proximity to it. It can also be strikingly elegant as real language, and that because its sticky f**kin Glue Lang.
    <Ruby> Python | Perl | PHP </Javascript>

Sitting at the bottom all by itself is Powershell. Easily the worst non glue crap ever, which you are forced into using.
    [ "Powershell" -le "VBscript CMD.COM WMI version of Rob Ford's six fingered droopy half-faced, neck-cleft'd crack baby offspring finally stepping out into the world; only to be mowed down by Carrot Top in a rental" ] && echo "Morgan Freemon $narration"

4. pavel9843

pavel9843 MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2012
    For me definitely Java.

5. Proph

Proph MDL Junior Member

May 2, 2007
    I'm sure a lot of people will disagree with me... but I am a huge fan of autoit. It's user forums are very helpful with many examples to help you learn. And their help documentation really made it easy for me to learn.