What is the name of this software

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by carmz, May 7, 2013.

1. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    HI, I need your help,,what is the name of the software to do a maintenance on our HDD,because i want to do maintainance on my HDD to prevent my HDD to die.

THank you. :)

2. gabris[LT]

gabris[LT] MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
  3. gabris[LT]

Nov 6, 2010
    of course you can if you don't mind about data :)

4. carmz

carmz MDL Senior Member

Nov 29, 2011
    what do you mean i don't mind about the data,?....THose documents,pictures,files from my company is valuable to me,so if you said that i don't mind the data you mean that everthing those i will going to store to the hdd will be vanished ?...what can you say about the sentinel is it recommended to use to repair some bad sectors?...do you know how to check the S.M.A.R.T from HDD inside the enclosure?,..

THank you :)

5. gabris[LT]

Nov 6, 2010
    that HDD is not reliable anymore if its causing problems. and using it for valuable data is a huge mistake imho...
    I already told... use HDAT2.. but the drive may be not repairable(more and more bad sectors will show up). haha smart attributes can be read even with external enclosure... its not a secret and they are used even by some BIOS.. and bios gives early warning that drive is failing in machines like dell, some asrock mobos and others.
    for getting smart info you can use speedfan online analysis tool(smart section in speedfan, just select the correct drive...)