What Is Your Favorite Browser?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JohnsonAdam, Mar 30, 2017.

1. JohnsonAdam

JohnsonAdam MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2017
    I like firefox. But recently firefox crashes frequently, think to move chrome. I like firefox because it has the huge number of plugins which are really helpful for my business.

2. nodnar

nodnar MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2011
    i detest firefox. while it has a lot of usefull plug-ins, it becomes top-heavy for every plug-in you add. and there is such a thing as browser signature too..
    i use https://www.epicbrowser.com/privacy/intro.html nowadays.fools`paradise. i quote from some review, forgot the source.. sorry..

Now comes the bad part, I noticed that even when I am not running the Epic privacy browser there is a process in my Task manager called EpicUpdate.exe, this takes away memory resources and it really should not be there when the browser is not open. I decided to investigate a little further while the prowser was still closed and looking at the folders located in AppData/Local/EpicPrivacy Browser/User Data/Local Storage I found various files named chrome-extension_(cryptic).localstorage, one of the files was over 100Kb in size so I decided to open it up, it appears that the right way to do this is a SQL viewer but I used Notepad and inside I found a list of the websites that I had visited the day before, so much for privacy!
    there is no privacy with browsers with us-based servers, imho. especially since they gave isps a free hand to sell userdata for adds.. [what good does that do? the usual anti-terrorist excuse does not apply. but the usual money excuse does...] the morale of this all.. better the known [epic]devil than the unknown devil. just my 2 eurocents.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    well I think that already see some thread about this but I don't remember :g:anyway here Firefox always works like a charm and I use only essential extensions, no issues

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NoobIsrael

NoobIsrael MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2015
    Chrome, cuz Firefox is slow, Opera is chinese, and Edge doesn't have some add-ons that I like.

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Chrome browser = Google minion

6. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Like Tiger said, I'm also sure there are many threads on this, and probably there will be just as many to come. But it doesn't hurt to refresh views every now and then.

As they all spy on you, you might as well choose the one that suits you best in the other criteria. And for me, it has always been Opera. It's quick, functonal and secure. As for being spied upon, for what little I care, I actually prefer that its the Chinese that spy on me rather than my own government and people.

7. Zot

Zot MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2015
    Main browser Firefox, secondary browser also Firefox (portable) because
    Chrome=spyware with some extra web browsing capability
    IE and Edge=downloader for Firefox
    Opera=Chrome
    Safari=Worst one in top tier.

Among second tier browsers only interesting one is Maxthon.

8. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
  9. CHEF-KOCH

CHEF-KOCH MDL Addicted

Jan 7, 2008
  10. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @CHEF-KOCH yay dude now you make me in doubt about browsers :eek: so I need more time to evaluate this software because actualy I don't use Chrome, only Firefox :)

11. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    I use both Chrome and Firefox

12. BjourneMun

BjourneMun MDL Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Slimjet, Google Chrome, Cyberfox :)

13. Nongshim

Nongshim Guest

I use Chrome.

14. budzos

budzos MDL Addicted

Mar 13, 2009
    I use Seamonkey which is more or less Firefox with Thunderbird(mail).
    I also have been trying Vivaldi out but it still needs a bit of fine tuning.
    budzos

15. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Firefox, before that it was Mozilla and I didn't want Firefox at first but things do change. Thank you Tiger-1 for the tips to add more processors. Trying it out right now

16. bear_aussie

bear_aussie MDL Junior Member

Jun 8, 2015
    either ie or pale moon depending on how stupid the website im trying to use is

17. jamiehennings

jamiehennings MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2017
    By far, firefox is best browser for me. But from sometime it started creating many problems like stopped working, browser crash but still it is better from its counterparts. For mobile devices Opera is still the best option.

18. fadingstar

fadingstar MDL Novice

Mar 2, 2017
    For Mobile- Opera
    For PC- Chrome :clap:

19. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi sorry dude maybe you have low memory ram or still better solution is search on https://support.mozilla.org maybe help you :)

20. monkeylove

monkeylove MDL Junior Member

Dec 8, 2013
    Waterfox because of the Firefox add-ons.