What Is Your Favorite Browser?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JohnsonAdam, Mar 30, 2017.

1. harvest

harvest MDL Novice

Mar 29, 2018
    #81 harvest, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 23, 2018
    Safari as primary and Chrome as primary browser on all three systems (macOS, Win 7 and Chromium on Manjaro).
    never like firefox but I was used waterfox before few years.
    also, chrome and safari have a best sync option (my opinion).

also I use host file to block some garbage from this source:
    https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts#readme

2. medhat258

medhat258 MDL Novice

Mar 25, 2018
    I use yandex

3. AndrewJack

AndrewJack MDL Novice

May 11, 2018
    Chrome is my favorite browser. Firefox crashes alot. Though I also prefer opera as it is running smoothly.

4. ortimus

ortimus MDL Novice

Mar 13, 2018
  5. LawLietRiu

LawLietRiu MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2018
    PC - Vivaldi Browser
    MOBILE - Atlas Browser

6. totalbeliever

totalbeliever MDL Junior Member

Oct 22, 2015
    That's true! I have Firefox but it crashes more often these days so I also decided using Chrome.

7. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    :g: yes, firefox is a pita nowadays. but if you start with chrome, the cure is worse than the ailment, as we say in holland.you can kiss goodbye to your privacy, for a start, and you support google, and that is always a bad idea..if you have problems with firefox, it might be worth your while to have a look at this. https://sourceforge.net/projects/lightfirefox/ i used it myself, not as my usual browser, i use epic for that, but it does not crash, and supports ff plug-ins i use ghostery, badger, and no-script in ff light, and no problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. mdl012e

mdl012e MDL Novice

May 21, 2018
    for daily PC usage, it's chrome absolutely, but I also use firefox 52 esr occasionally for its rich extensions:p
    for android phone, I use opera mini beta

9. bornoffire

bornoffire MDL Novice

Jan 23, 2015
    Chromium based browsers.

10. shrinivas

shrinivas MDL Junior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    I am using chrome for all websites that ask for passwords and Avast secure browser for the rest. Sometimes use Edge too !
    I have seen that Avast browser loads up faster than most browsers that I have tried !
    Regards

11. toyo

toyo MDL Senior Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Used to be a proud Opera user. I loved having mail and notes and RSS in it. I still used the new Opera for a good while, but then I switched to Vivaldi and remained there. It still doesn't have proper old Opera-like RSS (has a half-decent extension tho') and no email (but I somewhat grew to like the Mail in Windows 10, ditched Thunderbird for it). I thought I would really want tab stacking back, but now I found out that I very rarely use it these days.

12. Piers Patxi

Piers Patxi MDL Novice

Sep 5, 2019
    Not so long ago, if one wanted to get information, you might have had to get dressed, leave the house, and go to a place which had the info you were looking for. Or get a newspaper (those were basically websites which were printed out every day for everyone) to get the news about what happened yesterday. Well, on December 25th, (allegedly) 1990 the first successful build of the very first web browser known as "WorldWideWeb" was born.
    Prior to that employees at CERN had to physically go to different computers to access information. Tim Berners-Lee, a British computer scientist working there realized that information could be shared over an existing network via a 1965 technology called HyperText. As the story goes, Tim's boss wrote, "vague but exciting" on the proposal. Tim and colleagues would develop HTML, HTTP, & URI and by the end of the year would post the very first web page.

In 1991 the public was invited to use it. AOL for DOS became available. In 1993 the WorldWideWeb (aka Nexus) source code was released into the public domain and, while the project was discontinued in 1994, many other players entered the market. Some from the earliest days are still around (eg. Lynx, Opera, and a plethora of Mosaic spin-offs)

In 1994 NetScape released Mozilla v1.0. At midnight on August 23, 1995 some computer stores stayed open late to sell Windows95 which included "Microsoft's" Internet Explorer Web Browser (a licensed fork of Spyglass Enhanced by Mosaic). Ummmm, yep, I was there...at midnight...buying a box with eleven 3.5" floppy disks...but I digress. That same year, Yahoo! and Amazon were also founded.

Anyway, lots, lots more could be said, but from small beginnings grew the Internet, the World Wide Web, yes, the very cyberspace we know today; that virtually all of us enjoy, by using a web browser...
    I've used IE, Chrome, Pale Moon, Vivaldi, Lynx, Opera, and others and they all have their benefits and drawbacks. Ha! In fact, I still have an installation of IE_8.0 and an OLD version of Java on a VM to be able to access the UI of some old tech that we still haven't replaced... But at the end of the day, I'm still a fan of the 'ol Red Panda. Throw on the uBlock Origin extension, a user.js file, and a userChrome.css file and it's very customizable ...plus, the source-code is open...for me, just the better choice. I've heard some mention that firefox is slow now, but I don't know, I haven't really experienced that. I wonder if some config tweaks might help? Or uninstalling extensions not used very often? (i know, prolly stuff you already know, ...just spit-ballin' here) :)

13. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    they are all bad. they all squander our privacy. they all leave us vulnerable. sad story.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. usermydigitallyfe

usermydigitallyfe MDL Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Firefox

15. limestree01

limestree01 MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2019
    I like Chrome

16. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Chrome is a Google product.
    Google is a mega-corporate business that is valued in the terms of billions of U.S. dollars.
    Why would any body use their browser knowing that they will be a pawn to their advertising scheme and their personal data used for Google's profits?

17. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Masochists?

18. ultimo404

ultimo404 MDL Member

Oct 3, 2017
    My favorite browsers and Edge Chromium and Brave browser.

19. Bryn89

Bryn89 MDL Novice

Sunday
    Firefox. Been a proud user of it since 2006 :)

Although these days, it's the ESR edition. Don't ask me why.

20. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2012
    #100 kaljukass, Dec 8, 2019 at 19:28
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2019 at 19:34
    The answer is very simple - there is no other browsers, that works. This is the only one, that works, no matter what's its name. Of course the clean Chromium is the best.
    We don't have any alternatives.
    There was once a time, when I used its predecessor Safari, but this time is over.
    Once was also time, when Netscape was usable, but its time is also over.