What loader have I installed?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by BigG, Dec 11, 2009.

1. BigG

BigG MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2008
    I installed "a" loader in a rush, and forgot which I have installed.

So, is there a way to tell what kind of activation been applied on a Win7 system?

Thanks for the help.

2. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #2 Daz, Dec 11, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
    In short: Theres no way to tell the difference between them because they all use the same GRLDR so it shouldn't make any difference as to which you used -- that is unless you used my own version which is different.

Best solution: Uninstall all loaders, try one that works for you. If you find one that doesn't try its other modes, if any fail just use the bootsect fix to get back into Windows.

How to uninstall all loaders (GRLDR based)? Simply press uninstall on my own program and it will uninstall everyone elses as well as my own.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BigG

BigG MDL Junior Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Thanks Daz.

If I used your loader, is there any way to tell it's present without running the loader again (such as one process showing in the "System Task Manager")?

Thanks again.

4. maxdebesciak

maxdebesciak MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Loaders do their work before windows boots up, so no need for a running process.

5. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
    which program is that one daz . the one for removing loader .

also if i remove the loader will i get locked out of vista or will i still get the 30 days activation period .

thanks and sorry for semi hijacking the thread .

thanks

6. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    #6 Daz, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. wintron

wintron MDL Member

Dec 4, 2009
    #7 wintron, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    ok thanks . i'll give it a try .

thanks

edit , if i remeber correctly i was locked out of windows , i think it was due to a windows update but cannot exactly be sure . will i be locked out again . the bios on this laptop has the slic 2.0 table so i would like ti insert the certificate and key .