What method is used in "Fully Activated Forever"?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by viking2, Sep 10, 2010.

1. viking2

viking2 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    A WIN 7 iso with the name "Windows 7, ultimate 32/64 bit, Fully Activated Forever" has been floating around on the download sites.

It worked fine but "Not genuine after KB971033 update"...

Does anyone know what method was used in this version?
    If not, how can I find out?

2. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    It was probably a loader method

3. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    And that is NOT fully activated forever as advertised. MS will find a work around it someday.

Fully activated forever is the BIOS SLIC activation method done through DOS

Takes about 30 secs to perform :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. BobSheep

BobSheep MDL Guru

Apr 19, 2010
    If M$ find a way to detect that a loader has been used it will probably also affect BIOS mods too.

5. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    +1 with BobSheep

You have to understand how the loader works, Windows simply can't tell the difference and the odds are it never will.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    OHH ok sorry then......

I personally use the Daz loader on my other pcs.......very easy to use

7. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    I agree the Windows Loader probably has a Very long life ahead of it.
    I personally just prefer a Bios Mod (even though I actually bought Win 7).
    Once it's Flashed you Basically Never have to worry about it again, Unless your Bios gets corrupted.

I would always recommend the Loader first to the vast majority of users, it is Very Safe and Very Effective.
    But it is more likely to get stopped by MBR Corruption or HDD problems, etc.

8. Matrix Leader

Dec 8, 2009
    A big thanks to MDL who introduced me to the BIOS activation method as I had to worry everytime I had to call MS to activate, long tedious job!

I've never called them since I joined this site.

Mind you, I use fully legit Windows Product Keys

9. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    So after you joined MDL you have paid for all your licenses then, since you have fully legit Products keys. If you use a loader, a hack, a leaked OEM-SLP key, -rearm trix, etc you do not have fully legit Win Product keys.

10. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    #11 DARKOR04, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    Totally agree with you, THAT ITS NOT LEGIT its only legit when you purchase Windows 7 and Retail Key without any trick.... in my case my laptop came with slic 2.1 and I bought windows 7 Home Premium but after I wile when I meet MDL I mode the dvd and installed w7 ultimate with cert and slp key and that do not make product legit...

11. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    Certainly doesn't BUT - in your favour - when they prosecute you they'll calculate Home Premium/Ultimate to determine how long you go to the big house for.

12. viking2

viking2 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    So I decided to follow myhken's recommendation, on the first page of this thread, and create a new Windows DVD and reinstall everything :(.

However, after spending the whole day on trying to make the DVD, I am confused :confused:

I created the DVD from the 3 files (WIN7 64 bit English) on the first page referenced by myhken.

However, when trying to install Windows, it does not specify which version of Windows will be installed. It just says "Windows 7". I was hoping for WIN7 Ultimate 64 bit....

Which version will be installed??

13. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Strange I have not downloaded the three files my self. But if you want a "all in one" download one of the single .iso files from the same thread, and then remove the ei.cfg file from sources with UltraISO, resave the .iso file, burn out and then you have a file with all Win7 version on it, and you get a menu when you start the installation.

14. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    There's also the effort to install UltraISO.

15. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Of course...my bad. I always have UltraISO on my computers, but if you don't have it, you must download and install it, and maybe find a serial if you don't have paid for it etc...

16. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Just because you are using OEM SLP key with bios mod does not make you legit, also there are tools on forum to backup and restore your retail or OEM (Not OEM SLP) Activation to save you calling M$.

17. viking2

viking2 MDL Novice

Dec 27, 2009
    The 3-file version could not be verified by Windows7IsoVerifier, so I downloaded the professional iso instead, and then used windows7_iso_image_edition_switcher (there was no ultimate iso).