What phone are you using ?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Deleted member 1148184, Oct 5, 2018.

1. #1 Deleted member 1148184, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2018
    Hello.
    Since i'm pretty curious of what everyone uses, i wanted to create this topic.

I own O+5T (AKA dumpling) since March and it works quite well !

I'm personnaly using AOSiP, a custom rom without too much bloat and with a well configurated kernel.

Of course, i do not use Google at all and I instead use Fdroid (notably for Bromite, a chromium fork for privacy and adblock)

About my apps :

-- Samsung Browser, really good alternative to Bromite and Kiwi Browser
    -- Spotify for music
    -- Adguard (for ads)
    -- Hyperion launcher (nice options)
    -- Substratum and swift black (amoled friendly, and I love black more than anything else)
    -- The rest is AOSP (SMS,Phone ...)

And that's basically it ! I'm not the facebook girl or stuff like that lol, few stuff, working well, good battery life and good performance is all i ask :)

2. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Me: Moto g6 plus. I don't need a rooted Android OS.
    I use browsers with ad-block support as Firefox and Edge.
    I also use a non-rooted firewall to block Internet connections to avoid ads
    I use Comodo Mobile Security to scan additionally.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. How well Edge performs on Android ? Not that i'm lazy to test but i am lol

4. flashpoint

flashpoint MDL Novice

Jan 27, 2018
    galaxy phone
    but just wanted to say tmobile tuesday app (for tmobile customers) is a must have!!!
    the freebies are really good
    just got pandora plus for year free

5. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    We both (Mrs. and I) have Samsung Galaxy phones, purchased them unlocked, so I can change carriers when we want too.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    lol.NONE! because i fail to understand why i should pay through the nose for a spywaremachine that follows my every step, and has miniature keys to type with with my tiny hands.[if i place my hand on a phone it completely diasappears under it.]plus it has multiple idiotic gadgets such as cameras and touchscreens that eat up the battery in no time.if i need to communicate with the mrs i can always send a message to her phone, if the battery is not empty yet. besides i feel like an idiot staring on my hand and seeming to talk to myself.
    plus people experience total panic if they happen to mislay it somewhere, i estimate that happens ~10 times a day.[ bad for your heart/health.]

7. analyzer64

analyzer64 MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7. It's my second Galaxy, befor i used a Galaxy S6. I'm glad using it, but i'm thinking about buying a Lg G6 or Huawei Mate 10 Pro.

8. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Fairphone looks nice but currently only available in Europe and only supports 3 of the LTE bands. I signed up for their emails.

I'm currently using iPhone X because (1) Google is evil and (2) Microsoft did their darndest to kill their mobile platform and I got sick of dealing with that. Apple is evil too, unfortunately.

9. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    yes, @Myrrh; you summed it up very nicely. and there is tungsten to it too; every crook in katanga is the first to make money from every iphone sold...and katanga is a pretty evil place to mine tungsten in. faiphone has its hq right here in holland, so i could probably get my hands on it. but plublicity-wise, it has had zero impact here.all the girls are getting samsungs glued to their right ears. it may have something to do with pricing, or maybe they just dont give a damn.

10. dimirs

dimirs MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2018
    Been using a Lenovo K8 Note, liked a lot, still on Oreo 8.0 and didn't find the need to root it, surprisingly. 4000mah battery packs a punch of juice also.

11. I'm also very happy with my battery life, i get usually 8-10 hours screen on :)
    And it's 3300 mAh IIRC, software optimisation is the most important part of battery life though.

By the way, I changed apps are using, still same ROM but watching videos on my phone isn't comfy anymore to me D:

12. PsychedelicShaman

PsychedelicShaman MDL Member

Dec 4, 2017
    Im using Samsung Galaxy S9+ and honestly im very happy with it, it's one of few flagship smartphones that still have 3,5mm headphone jack (necessary for me as a music lover, i buy high quality earphones!), of course i've rooted with Magisk, blocked ads system-wide, have lucky patcher installed , etc :D

13. MrBananaxx

MrBananaxx MDL Novice

Jan 4, 2018
    I'm using an old Samsung galaxy a3 2015 with lineageos 14 running android 7.1. He is enough for me, as i don't use my phone that much :)

14. klinexman

klinexman MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2018
    Samsung S7 Edge.

15. Arch_Sta

Arch_Sta MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2018
    Samsung A5 (2017)... Works like a charm!

16. piercekalton

piercekalton MDL Senior Member

Apr 2, 2010
    moto g6 waiting for motorola upgrade to 9 pie

17. LNW

LNW MDL Junior Member

Aug 13, 2011
    I'm using Motorola Moto X4.

18. Jari

Jari MDL Senior Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Xiaomi Mi Max 3 with 5500 mAh battery. Well, not so fast as Xiaomi Pocophone F1 (with 4000 mAh battery), but I prefer bigger display and bigger battery.

19. MIAN UMER

MIAN UMER MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2018
    Samsung Galaxy Note 4