What Security Suite should I use.

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ser232, Oct 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ser232

ser232 MDL Novice

Sep 2, 2009
    Hi All,
    So in the past few weeks I've been testing all sort of Security Suites 2 of them Paid , 1 Trial and 1 Free
    The Paid ones:
    Norton Internet Security 2013 - The program crashed 2 times yesterday and I'm thinking not to trust Norton products anymore.
    Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 - This is great but slows down the PC from what I noticed.

The Trial:
    ESET Smart Security - Light and very good performance.

The Free:
    AVAST FREE - Now this is great but I need also some Firewall protection.

I still got 350 days of KIS 2013 and 180 of Norton and now I'm thinking of getting ESET :), should I change Kaspersky for ESET? as for Norton it sucks I will never use their products again...

2. coolbuddy

coolbuddy MDL Member

Aug 6, 2011
  3. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    I'm not an expert while selecting an antivirus software and don't know about sandboxie, but tested eset nod32, its detection rate is good and for freeware avast is good along with comodo firewall. Just check the stickies in this forums by Mr Acrsn's one stop freeware software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Forget about Security Suites, I've tried them all, I have a license for Kaspersky Internet Security BitDefender, Eset Smart Security, they are not needed really

avast! Free Antivirus is the best Free antivirus, has no impact on system performance, and the Windows firewall is good enough as long as you don't go to pr0n websites and warez sites

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Alhaitham

Alhaitham MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    ESET Smart Security

6. Windows Fan

Windows Fan MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2012
    eset (nod32) is the best among all. i am using it since many years. its very light and does not slow down system. :)

7. swodinw

swodinw MDL Novice

Oct 2, 2012
    look here av.comparatives.org test review report.

8. ViditM14

ViditM14 MDL Junior Member

Oct 28, 2012
    I personally recommend a combination of Avast! Free Antivirus+ZoneAlarm Firewall.

9. Roguetomato

Roguetomato MDL Novice

Oct 8, 2012
    I suggest Microsoft security essentials best freeware and anti virus on the web.

10. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
  11. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    You can pick MSE/Avast and Comodo Firewall. Free and secure :D

12. Anders2020

Anders2020 MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2012
    I have used Comodo and is pretty cool a lite as weel

On my customers and my main desktop I use Norton Internet Security 2012 or 360 all good especially the later for customers because it also has an auto backup feature u can get it about 45US$ for 3 user at their site.
    Its resource use I usually expect 2GB and min dual core on my customers and works pretty well.

13. technomaster

technomaster MDL Junior Member

Nov 4, 2012
    My personally experience nod32 is always best anti virus .... Never miss any virus,malwar,thread etc :biggrin:

14. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I am closing this thread but I will reply first, Virus checkers e.c.t are only as good as the person who is in control of the software it may warn you of various threats e.c.t as some may have noticed even an odd time software from this forum by MDL developers comes up with flagged most of the time it can be down to compression or protection routines used by the developers

Any way no need for another thread on Virus checker or security software. Search the forum there are more than enough threads and Polls on the subject.