What should I use to activate windows 8.1?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Tidus FFX, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Tidus FFX

Tidus FFX MDL Junior Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Guys what should I use to permanently activate Windows 8.1? I have seen that there are many small programs, but what is the best? permanent activation exist?

Thanks for all!!! ;)

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    permanent activation is possible only by using a genuine key.
    Semi permanent is KMS which gives you a 180 days activation which must be renewed every 6 months or using one of the fine tools of MDL and be activated almost permanent as it renews on every startup or by setting a defined interval

3. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    PaulD is right: Permanent Activation exist only with an genuine Product Key. The use of the KMS could be seen as permanent if set to autoactivate which would be done in some intervals, still the 180 day's applies for that which is the max period assigned for KMS.

And what's the problem for not to use KMS, those 180 days? That's just a one time task to do every 6 month if not set to auto! To much work?:g:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    If you've a WMC key,
    first activate your Win 8.1 Pro using KMS method and then use WMC key to add features from System screen.
    It should activate your copy of Windows 8.1 permanently and legitimately. :cool2:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WinDev

WinDev MDL Expert

Jul 6, 2013
  6. kelorgo

kelorgo MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2012
    Doesn't work. Even if it did, it's not legitimate.

7. nchall

nchall MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2012
    Having similar problem. After KMS activation of 8.1 Pro it won't let me add features to Windows.

8. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Volume-activated Windows Pro locks the 'Add Features' functionality. You need OEM or Retail-activated copy for that. Without such a license getting an activated ProWMC requires some efforts. Check the tutorials on MDL.

9. CorporateRAT

CorporateRAT MDL Member

Aug 4, 2012
    It's kinda sad to watch how laziness is rewarded by devoted members of MDL community. Read the stickies and use search feature?

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    They're know from reading (?) that there a lot members which would do the work! Therefore, why they should bother to do on their own?

And also to come over here asking for help without giving any details! For what they should? There to many who also will that for them.

It's all about: How to spell it the right way: "let ME work?", "let MY work?", "let I work?"?????:confused: NO, the right spelling is: LET OTHERS DO THE WORK FOR ME!":tooth: