What software do you use for your driver ?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Nixeus, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Nixeus

Nixeus MDL Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Hello guys,

I was wondering what software do you use to update your driver ?

I was using drivercloud website but since a few day i use "Driver booster ( Iobit)". It's free and appear to be pretty nice and effective.

Do you know this tool ? What do you think about

Maybe there is any better ?

Thanks a lot,

2. lewcass

lewcass MDL Senior Member

Mar 10, 2018
    Official driver installers and zip files only, win-raid if needed. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. talal1

talal1 MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2016
    Hi !
    Personaly, I Prefer: drp.su/en

4. rayburns

rayburns MDL Novice

Jun 21, 2016
    I just go directly to the manufacturer websites

5. hookahman

hookahman MDL Novice

Jul 25, 2018
    Official manufacturer websites usually. Sometimes they say latest is on Windows update.

6. lolnothankyou

lolnothankyou MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2018
    Official manufacturer websites only. I don't trust 3rd party applications nor Windows Update.

It's important to test the drivers too. Sometimes the latest version (Intel RST drivers for example) is not the best one to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Why should I use a 3.party App for update driver? Using those apps, the user needs to take a time of a Scan of his/her system and will also be pointed to a lot of errors on the system, possible improvements and so on. On the end, this user will spend a lot of time for nothing or even bad other bull*hit!

Those so-called 'Genius' driver updates are also interfering with a good working system or even remove better and newer drivers because those apps are not able to 'see' the reality!

No, thanks for that S*IT!

8. Ero Rambos

Ero Rambos MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2017
    I only use official manufacturer website driver. These drivers are fully tested for their respective systems.
    Many times third party drivers are not able to properly synchronize with your system. Therefore I wait for official manufacturer driver updates.

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    same here ;)