What the F is up here ???

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by genuine555, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #1 genuine555, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    So can Suicide Solution please clarify this for me ?
    His reps stand for themselves, no doubt, but this is bad judgement imho.

I have sent him a pm, but haven't had an answer yet, so still waiting...

3. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    #3 ancestor(v), Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    This f*cking Vista Dark Dork Edition crap really gets on my nerves.
    You probably got your infraction because you ignored this order from SuicideSolution:
    Code:
     Criticism of the OS is fine as long as its kept at a respectful level.
    With the history of these type of threads, I will be watching this one. Anyone
    who attacks the OP for sharing it will get infractions.

This is a public forum for all members, not your personal website to attack people
    for sharing things you may not like. If you don't like it then close the thread and move on.

Which clearly is none of your business. If he starts insulting you, just ignore him and report the thread/poster/link etc to a moderator, via PM preferably. The Moderator then takes care of the issue, infracts/temporarily bans/permanently bans the person etc.

No one of you (daev95, twiz and you) stands in a good or a bad light. You just created some dog and pony show which had it's consequences. Everyone got his infractions - which expires anyway. So why go mad?
    Just don't repeat that behaviour. No one is going to be banned or further infracted. The situation is settled now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Then i'll stop posting now. Really bad judgement, but hey, why believe me...

and that vista crap wasn't mine btw, i just stated that i didn't like themes that much. it was deav95's, and he started this whole mess not me.

i know it'll expire, but it's the principle of infracting ppl that don't deserve it.

5. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    So isn't that simply participating in a thread that I wanted to give an opinion about ? As did all the others in that thread (in a far ruder way btw) ?

That comment was no reason for deav95 to start flaming.

So by this rule, nobody should be granted an honest, polite opinion about any matter on mdl, cause it's none of their business ? :confused::confused:

i really don't get that, really...

6. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    and you jumped right in, that's the problem.
    It's not about honest and polite opinion...it's just that if somebody starts insulting you, it hasn't got to be your business anymore. If you of course respond and go back and forth with a flame war you can sure easily imagine that a few moderators will be pissed off.

And it's just that you IGNORED a moderator's order. The said consequence was an infraction...so you got your infraction for ignoring an order, that's it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Suicide Solution

Suicide Solution MDL Addicted

Apr 29, 2008
    #7 Suicide Solution, Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    The infractions were given because people ignored my request to keep the conversation
    about the share and not about the the person who shared it.

These type of threads have a history of people attacking members because
    they may like a certain style and it will stop. Its not a debate or critic forum and
    people will be able to share without being called out because of their personal preferences.

If I were being unfair, I would had singled you out, but infractions were also given to
    the OP for attacking as well. Even though he was just defending himself, he still crossed
    the line and got the same infraction.

The rules are in place for a reason and I even gave everyone a heads up as early on as I could.

I gave the warning so people wouldn't get infractions, but it was ignored.

8. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #8 genuine555, Oct 28, 2009
    (OP)
    Look, first off, I didn't get any orders from ANY mod. And I don't wan't to be rude at all, but that's a fact.
    This infraction I did not expect at all. If I did get an order, I would have certainly obayed it.

So again, I just got the infraction, without any order prior to it.

And back and forth ? I only posted 1 comment in the direction of deav95.
    The first was just an opinion to all ppl, saying that it wasn't my taste (btw with that comment putting to attention that there was no need to break deav95's socalled 'theme' down, even if they don't like it) cause everyone was breaking down his (ugly) work down and i even felt sorry for the guy, one to deav95 commenting that he must be bored himself (as he didn't stop flaming post after post), two addressed to all, simply stating that personal taste is no reason to get all hostile, and the other three were at twiz and 911medic. So I only commented on deav95 once, then I turned my back on him and discussed with twiz instead (so i followed the rules) while he kept on his hostile trend, even putting my attachments in his first post replacing his own(???).

BTW that thread is all mixed up, ancestor. I can't make heads nore tail out of it myself as things are missing, posts are changed in order, deleted, replaced,...So i can get how Suicide got the context all wrong, but he did.

EDIT : Suicide nore any other mod gave me any orders prior to closing the thread (which was a good thing imho) and prior to the infraction.

If i deserve something, i always accept it. As for injustice, i can't stand it at all being afflicted to me or anyone else.

EDIT : Didn't see that warning, Suicide, I mean that. I did not get to read that post. And noticing many others flaming SEVERAL times AND back and forth, comparing to my ONE comment to deav95, you clearly infracted the wrong one, as i was the LEAST impolite of them all. For gods sake, Suicide, i even felt sorry for the bloke, that's why i stated it's all just personal taste. And i did not attack at all, i was being attacked, and gave ONE short comment that he should look to himself.

9. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    #9 ancestor(v), Oct 28, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2017
  10. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    #10 genuine555, Oct 28, 2009
    (OP)
    that still doens't clarify the fact that ppl get to post other ppl's pics in their own startingthread replacing their own, to start a discussion solely to flame it.
    And i'll bet he didn't get more than a infraction for that, allthough that's way out of line compared to one simple comment.

And i'm beginning to see it won't be clarified either...too bad justice isn't of the order, cause it should be.

EDIT : and now i'll follow your "orders" and shut up, but it would be nice to get an answer to the above here.

and that rule should be improved, cause it just isn't right...

Ay captain !

11. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    You didn't get more than an infraction...so what's the problem? You all got the same infraction for the same period of time.

If he starts stealing content, report it. Or try to settle it with a few words - long, flame-like discussions are of no use.

We can of course discuss until the day the infraction expires (completely vanishes!)....but would that be of any use? There was an order that was ignored and so consequences were to be faced. Justice I'd say.

12. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Which i did. I tried to settle with a few words (hence my only comment to deav)
    prior to him stealing pics, and today i reported that.

imho additional rules need to be implemented, cause these rules implie opinions aren't allowed here...

Discussion can be closed now if you will