What Web Browser are we using now ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by StressInducer, Feb 22, 2016.

1. StressInducer

StressInducer MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2016
    Just wondering what the best choice could be. FireFox seems to run pretty good. I downloaded SlimJet today and it runs You Tube a lot better than FireFox. I can run it full screen without the lag time that FireFox has. SlimJet seems to be a lot snappier. It claims to be Chromium based and will continue to support XP. I have new machines with Windows 7Pro/8.1/10Pro and XP is still my favorite toy. 2nd place is my 8.1 then 7. Windows 10 is okay but I always seem to be using my 14 year old Dell XP all the time. Are there any better options for web browsers for this dinosaur ?

2. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    Right now I have Internet exploder and firefox open with many tabs in each open.

My favorite browser however had it's support discontinued years ago and that is a true shame...
    Oh wait a minute, looks like someone picked up the slack. :clap:

http://kmeleonbrowser.org/

Downloading now.
    Thanks. :D

3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @JFKI: Really nice! Am replying to this thread using K-Meleon now.

:)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. theoctavist

theoctavist MDL Junior Member

Apr 16, 2014
    maxthon nitro here, also Sleipnir and vivaldi

5. JFKI

JFKI MDL Expert

Oct 25, 2015
    I haven't spent much time on this version yet but I did notice that they have totally revamped the options/preferences sections...
    My first impression is that it is not as configurable as it used to be. o_O

There used to be an arcane switch which put up a row of buttons so you could, for example, toggle flash, javascript, etc on and off dynamically.
    You could also select the user agent string ( as well as insert your own custom string ) via dropdown.

I have not checked memory usage yet, but it used to be really lightweight.

6. ThePrawn

ThePrawn MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2010
    all sounds good :)

7. n-ode

n-ode MDL Novice

Nov 12, 2009
    Running Waterfox here (64-bit FF variant) with Classic Theme Restorer add-on to restore the buttons for FWD-Back, Refresh-Stop to their right places on the toolbar.

8. StressInducer

StressInducer MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2016
    Its great to see others are not afraid to still run XP. I do not keep personal info on it anymore but I do everything else on it. My Slimjet browser zooms along without a hiccup. I run it in Sandboxie for extra protection and update Norton at least twice daily. :clap:

9. solarstone2149

solarstone2149 MDL Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Pale Moon
    Sea Monkey
    SRWare Iron

10. Orshanetz

Orshanetz MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2016
    Firefox. As for me it better than Opera.

11. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    Many, FF, IE, Chrome, Opera, Edge, Avant :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. lostpassword

lostpassword MDL Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Never heard of the ones on page 1 - presume they work with 10 ?? I am a Google Groupie and use Chrome.