What will you do if.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Gruntled, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    #1 Gruntled, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
    Wat actually works and they shutdown mods and loaders? With the new approach and possibly EFI it is going to get tougher. I think that bios mods are going to be the next priority and I think it is going to become very difficult if not impossible to defeat the SLP with bios mods. I think loaders will eventually be the only method that works.

Question is, if I am right what will you do? My suggestion is this, the very nature of the people who frequent this place means that you are the type of person who loves to beta test, and play with windows for the sake of playing with it. If it gets to that point I suggest you buy a technet or msdn account, maybe even pool together with a friend or two to make it cheaper.

I know this will be an unpopular question, but think about it. They have already managed to make the preactivated disks the mass producers sell on ebay useless, won't take long before word gets out and most people stop buying them. It has been discussed ad-naseum that bios mods and mismatches are easy to spot, they put that function there for a reason. I think it is going to come down to how well a person can mod their board or how good Daz's loader can lie to WAT.

Wanted to ad that there will probably be shady shop owners who are selling bios modded computers or using loaders will be going to jail when MS catches up to them. I shop owner here, many years ago was caught selling MFE editions and OEM editions as full retail, they didn't lock him up but made him agree to never operate a computer shop again.

2. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    Don't ask stupid questions..
    If such a situation comes i would stick with rearming..

3. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Why is a stupid question?

I'd probably buy it or as pka, stick with rearming :p
    But im not sure at all actually.

4. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    #4 Gruntled, Mar 28, 2010
    (OP)
    It isn't a stupid question, it is just a question you don't want asked. Windows 7 is already cracked, they can never stop the exploits that already work. The correct answer isn't rearms, it would be more like "turn off updates" or "don't install WAT".

All the loaders or mods that worked the day that RTM hit the street will work forever, if you don't update and windows 7 needs few updates so far. I thought that was why the safe updates sticky exists, because someone back then was already asking this question.

This question wasn't meant to inflame anyone, though it will. It was meant to show people that they are really worried about nothing and that anything that happens will be with windows 8 or beyond. Everything you see MS doing is just exploring possibilities for windows 8, killing off the mass marketers of bogus disks, and "encouraging" a few people to "get legit", they will not stop the enthusiasts with windows 7 and they know it.

5. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    Hung Kwan, this wasn't an invitation for you to chime. You have nothing usefull to ad to the dialog. You were wrong in August and September and anything you say to day will still be wrong.

6. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    It works now, it will work forever unless you install an update that defeats the rearm the rearm trick (hint, don't install the update). Does MS pay you?

7. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Your question is contradictory. To say that in the end only loaders will work is silly. Remember, all a loader does is emulate SLIC in bios. With a properly done bios mod it will be difficult and troublesome for M$ to conquer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    Exactly, it is nothing. You don't get my point HK, 7 is allready cracked, it is too late. All someone has to do is not update and they have beaten WAT. Sure, they may not be able to use MSE but for many that is a very small price to pay. Now, I promise that I will try my very, very best to not respond to anything else you have to say.

10. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010

It isn't contradictory at all, MS said before that the responsibility for the bios mods falls in the laps of the manufacturers and that they are working on a solution for future platforms, 7 is not a new OS, windows 8 will be. The challenge will be whether the EFI bios and the windows 8 version of slp can be modded at the hardware level. I think it may be easier to lie to the system with loaders than it will be to mod the new bios but only time will tell.

Either way, the challenge isn't windows 7, MS has already lost that. The challenge will be windows 8 and I can't wait for the beta.

11. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Check out the Bios mods sticky. Guru's here are already modding EFI bios.

12. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    #12 iamanoob, Mar 28, 2010

i used to be a TPB member and is familiar with the tactics of "Anti-Piracy" groups..

1. they sign up and pretend to be legit members who are concerned
    2. they spread their propaganda in a discreet way by making up stories and hypotheticals
    3. all in a concerted effort to scare people

1 word.. Bull$hit !

even if M$ did stop most of the "Current" activation exploits .. so what?
    Crackers would come out with more ...
    it's been a cat and mouse game since Windows XP ..
    and every year .. i hear this propaganda crap ..

and worst comes to worst .. so what? most of us have legit keys/copies ..
    most of the testing people do on here are on "test machines" ..
    you are mistaking us with the "Shop Owner" ..
    we are here cause we enjoy this.. not for Profit ..

13. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    Cool, cool, will definitely do that.

14. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    #14 Gruntled, Mar 28, 2010
    (OP)
    I just asked a question and you are reading way more into than is really there. BUT I personally do want the asshats in shops who screw over customers to go to jail, What they do and what the enthusiast does are completely different. I did ask a hypothetical question because I am curious about what MS is trying to do now and what it will mean for windows 8.

MS has been trying to ram activation down our throats for 10 years and for 10 years those who are intrepid enough to fight back have been able to do so. Windows 8 is a couple years off and I am not trying to spread FUD, and I have made it plain that this does not apply to windows 7 so don't insinuate that this question is anything other than what I said it was.

Is that enough disclaimer for you? If not, too bad.

One other note, I don't mind paying for Windows, I don't do this because of the money issue, I am just diametrically opposed to activation, always have been, always will be. I pay for the Windows I use and I feel everyone who can should however I will not play the retail activation game with MS. I will go Linux first.

15. iamanoob

Feb 28, 2010
    if you don't want people to read your post .. then don't post ..

im reading what you wrote ..

and im giving you my synopsis of your statement..

why you so defensive ?

16. Gruntled

Gruntled MDL Novice

Mar 22, 2010
    Just telling you that your synopsis was wrong.

As you said, it's bull$hit

17. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Truth is with Windows 7 to pirate it all one has to do is install it, and then keep on using it.

No preactivated DVDs, no loaders, no RemoveWAT, no KMS servers. Just install it.

People have been using unregistered versions of WinZip and WinRAR for decades. Using an unregistered version of Windows7 is the same. There's a nag screen at loadup, and it continues to function.

Compare the actions of Windows XP out of grace (could not log in except in safe mode), Vista RTM (could use web browser for an hour before auto shutdown), Vista SP1 (nag screen with 15 second wait), Seven RTM (nag screen with no wait). They've been easing up.

18. iamanoob

Feb 28, 2010
    you cant tell what synopsis people are to get from your statement..
    people have different intellect .. different understanding.. different experiences ..
    it's not a black and white statement ..
    if you're afraid of critique.. don't post ..

19. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Don't let iamanoob get to you. He likes attacking people for no apparent reason.

20. iamanoob

Feb 28, 2010
    WinFLP likes to pretend he's a programmer, thus tries to join in arguments when it involves Programmers, when all he has done is copy & paste "Command Prompts" .. lol

not only join in.. but kisses up to them.. taking their sides.. as to show how much he's on their d!ck ..