What's the best way to activate Win10 now that KMSpico is dead?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Ph0tek, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Ph0tek

Ph0tek MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    As far as i know KMSpico still works fine for Windows 10 activation, but being as development on it stopped many years ago, is there a good replacement yet or do most people still use KMSpico? Is there something new that's just as easy to use, or some kind of newer superior way of activation?

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    KMSpico doesn't work fine for all new windows licensing scenarios.

Use KMS_VL_ALL to KMS activate the install or google for massgravel for a HWID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ph0tek

Ph0tek MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    #3 Ph0tek, Aug 4, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2020
    (OP)
    If i uninstall KMSpico will HWID still work correctly or would i need clean Windows install?

Because i'm using KMSpico for a Windows 10 install and it's been working fine for the last 8 months with the latest Win10 updates (version 2004), but after looking in to how HWID works i'd prefer to use that.

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    HWID is not based on the KMS solution, If your windows has a hwid activation, KMS_VL_ALL should leave it untouched, when used for office activation.

Getting rid of KMSpico and going for a hwid can be easily done without re-installing the OS.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ph0tek

Ph0tek MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    I'll try using HWID for Win10 activation then. Thanks for the help.

6. pgriffith

pgriffith MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2007
    Or, you could not be a cheap f**k and buy a key from Ebay or similar for only a few dollars.

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yeah, lets pay semicriminals for half working crappy keys for a free win 10...

8. itsmemario1

itsmemario1 MDL Addicted

Sep 10, 2012
  9. Ph0tek

Ph0tek MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2012
    Do you realise those Ebay keys are usually illegally obtained? So why would i pay when i can permanently activate Windows for free with a few clicks??

And imagine joining a forum that has piracy topics and then getting triggered when someone posts about piracy...

Get out of here you tard.

10. Exposure

Exposure MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2012
    If I activate Windows 10 Pro 64bit in a PC using HWID, can I reformat it and re-install a fresh Windows 10 Pro 32bit and still retain the activation thru HWID?

11. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Why not?
    HWID - Hardware Identification
    Short for Hardware Identification, a security measure used by Microsoft upon the activation of the Windows operating system. As part of the Product Activation system, a unique HWID number is generated when the operating system is first installed. The HWID identifies the hardware components that the system is utilizing, and this number is communicated to Microsoft. Every 10 days and at every reboot the operating system will generate another HWID number and compare it to the original to make sure that the operating system is still running on the same device. If the two HWID numbers differ too much then the operating system will shut down until Microsoft reactivates the product.
    The theory behind HWID is to ensure that the operating system is not being used on any device other than the one for which it was purchased and registered. However, problems can arise when users start replacing or adding hardware components -- such as motherboards, sound cards, CD-R drives, Ethernet adapters -- because these will generate new HWIDs, and if there are too many differences from the original installation number the system will register that the operating system has been installed on a different device than the original and subsequently shut itself down. The only way to resolve the issue is to telephone Microsoft and explain the new hardware in order to obtain a new code.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Yes.

13. Drazick

Drazick MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2011
    What is a safe source to HWID?
    Does it support Office 2019 or there is a different recommended method for Office 2019?

14. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    google for massgravel and when you see it's by windowsaddict on github you probably have found it.
    Office can't be hwid activated, use KMS_VL_ALL

15. armadillotuff

armadillotuff MDL Member

Feb 2, 2013
    If you are not aware, I speak only for Dell Laptops that were either Windows 7, or Windows 8, if you find a product key underneath the battery you can use this key to activate Windows 10. It seems that Microsoft has allowed previous owners or users with these laptops to re-activate them after you install Windows 10. If you use the "KMS-VL_ALL" command it will show that the Windows 10 product key is permanently activated. If you installed a copy of Microsoft Office 2019 and used the "KMS-VL-ALL" command it will show Windows 10 is permanently activate and Office 2019 will be activated for 180days.

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That would be a msdm bioskey, msdm also changes into hwid.

17. Tan U Moy

Tan U Moy MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2020
    Thank you Enthousiast, I am going to switch from KMSPico to HWID.

18. Ariel7777

Ariel7777 MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2020
    If I want to use 1 activator as a temporary one, and let's say I become rich enough to get the win10 key, will you choose KMS activator or HWID?

(Of course it's a what if case, Im not rich enough to do so :((. )

19. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Just generate a hwid and it will be valid for the lifetime of the hardware.

Keys from ebay are not legit in the real sense of the word,

20. Ariel7777

Ariel7777 MDL Novice

Sep 22, 2020
    I did mention if I were rich. I looked at microsoft website and win10 pro cost 200 dollars which is expensive for me.

Also do you still recommend KMS activation like kms_vl_all?