What's up with this situation ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by stoppen, Aug 3, 2014.

1. stoppen

stoppen MDL Junior Member

Jun 10, 2012
    About 3 days ago I started getting phone calls on my cell. The caller was claiming to be a employee of Microsoft. And; Stating that I had Malware of some kind. The call came in to my cell as unknown name and number.

When asked what my IP address, OS and E-mail. He was unable to provide me with that info. So at that point in time I believed that it was a scam to get money and pad there pocket.

Understand this I am a person that don't send many e-mails. Only my Cell and my dad. That's it.

So my Question to all who view this is.

Was that person that called me really from MS or was it a scam?
    And, if he was from MS do I need to get a lawyer?:confused: :confused: :confused:

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. stoppen

Jun 10, 2012
    Thanx.
    Zen Computer Master Yen

I figured as much but he kept blowing up my Cell, 5 and 6 calls a day.

When all is said and done he would never get any money from me anyway. My wife and grandson get most of it.

:cool: :worthy: :cool:

4. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It's not only about money. Be sure not to follow / execute his instructions (on the PC)! He could make you to grant access, open a door, or to infect it...best is not to answer the phone at all just hang up, it's the quickest way to make him surrender.
    Take care! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. stoppen

Jun 10, 2012
    He won't ever get me to do anything to my PC. My grandson and wife are lucky to get on it. Actually my wife is lucky that my grandson will let her on. When he gets on it it's all about the Thomas Train and he don't relinquish the PC for anything.

Thanx,
    Zen Computer Master Yen

6. Operacake

Operacake MDL Novice

Aug 16, 2014
    Hi stoppen!

I've just created an account here to report the same issue! I've been getting scam calls since installing this loader. It must have something to do with the offer I needed to complete in order to proceed with the download, because they asked for my phone number, so they have it.

This has been going on for 3 weeks now. It started the day after installing the loader. The first week they called me once, last week they called twice and this week they've called me 4 times. In fact, the last call was an hour ago. This is getting pretty annoying. I haven't answered any of the calls, but have searched for the numbers in Google and it turned out that all of them have been reported by several people. They say that the caller pretends to be from Microsoft and tells them there is a problem with their PC, bla, bla, bla, then they try to make them download something, probably to get remote access to their PC or infect it with a virus, then they ask them for their credit card number. Most people didn't buy into this, but others did.

They may call you from different countries, but mostly from the US. I got one call from the Philippines, but all the others were from the US (NY, Chicago and Texas). I live in Norway.

I wonder if someone knows a way to stop this :(

7. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    It has absolutely nothing to do with windows loader itself! It is all about that you've got the loader from a scammer. You should be more careful with your private data such as phone numbers!
    I mean you wanted a tool that can activate windows and at the same time they ask for a phone number and you gave your real phone number to somebody you don't know at all???

The only thing you can do is to put the phone number on your phone's ignore list or wait until the one surrenders. Take this as a lesson.

There are scammers out there! They take benefit from the naivete of some people. Be wary next time! :)

8. sunilk

sunilk MDL Member

May 15, 2014
    microsoft never calls a person personally, never ever disclose any information about you are your family, they can ask your credit card details are pin number are suggest you to open a scam webpage dont do it, simply put that number in blck list

9. Ming_the_Merciless

Ming_the_Merciless MDL Member

Feb 7, 2014
    Tell the caller you've had so many issues with Windows that you've wiped the drive and a clean install of Ubuntu 14.04 LTS has solved everything.

10. Mohammed786

Mohammed786 MDL Novice

Sep 9, 2014
    smoke weed nigga :rasta: and forget it

11. freeloaderr

freeloaderr MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2014
    I've had them calls in the past, they probably want to install a remote access tool on your pc and show you the event log and tell you that you have many problems... etc... They just want money, they stopped phoning as soon as they knew I wasnt stupid enough (just about ;))