What's Volume License ISO?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by ZeroClick, Jan 17, 2013.

Tags:
  1. ZeroClick

ZeroClick MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2013
    Sorry about the newbie question, but I read about that Windows 8 "Volume License ISO". So, what's Volume License ISO and what it's change on Windows8 instalation/activation?

Thank you!

2. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    this is a matter of read the MDL files and you get more information which you can eat at one day :D

3. ZeroClick

ZeroClick MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2013
    Believe at me, I'm hours reading and I don't understood it... I dont' want download/piracy/etc, I want just clean information. Can you give some direction?

4. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    what you want to do?

5. ZeroClick

ZeroClick MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2013
    Uh? I want know what's "Volume License"... And what the pratical difference between that and regular ones... Yeah, I know, I'm a noob :p!

6. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Volume License OS's are sold to Corporate Channel/Customers who in need of a sudden amount of Licenses for to run the same Operating System and Version on a bunch of computers. There two different version of Volume Licenses Keys:
    1. the MAK (Multiple Activation Key), which will activate a bunch of Computers with the exact same Product Key permanently to the extend amount of bought Licenses
    2. the VL (Volume License) Key with will be activating Computers using a KMS Server for a period of up to max. 180 days

That just an brief explanation of Volume Licenses. For details please check the online Wikipedia for Volume License Keys.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. wzrdrcr

wzrdrcr MDL Novice

Jun 23, 2011
    The only real differance

A volume license has no way to get Windows Media Center since it developed as business software. So if want dvd playback stick to windows 8 pro retail not volume license.