What's wrong in my method

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by burnix, Oct 16, 2012.

1. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Hello community. I've read a lots of posts to make one of my computer 2008 oem server. One of them was Packard Bell slic, the two others was biosmod DELL and finally the one i want to install has no slic and was fujitsu with phoenix bios (after read some post really hard to mod).

So i try to install on my PB computer. I've customise 2 DVD of 2008 r2 server (one retail and other trial) with this method :

- Creat pid.txt file with serial for enterprise server and put it in "sources" folder
    - put some cert in /sources/$oem$/$$/system32/OEM/

After some test, server was not activated (i'm not connected to internet or network)

a picture of slic-tools diag.

toto.jpg

What's wrong ???????

Thanks a lot for your help.

2. unreal2k3

unreal2k3 MDL Novice

Nov 18, 2009
    Hi,

your SLIC Version is 2.0 but for 2008R2 you need SLIC 2.1.

This seems your mistake.

3. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Okay. so i'm going to test if i can inject slic 2.1 in this machine.

A big thanks to you.

4. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    A very strange thing. All the test i made with 2008 R2 failed. The one i made with 2008 (no r2) was successfull (i have added dell slic 2.1). What was the problem ?????

5. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    It may be because your not using the OEM version but Enterprise. Slic if for OA- OEM Activation...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. burnix

burnix MDL Junior Member

Jan 4, 2011
    #6 burnix, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2012
    (OP)
    I think you are wrong. For me the version (standard, enterprise, sbs) and "distribution" was 2 different thing. The first represents the level you need for your company and the other the way you buy the licence (licence coming with a server : OEM, licence buy from distributor : RETAIL, the licence buy directly on MS or distributor but for a lots of machines : VLK).

Problem Solved.