What's your favourite font(s)?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chromace, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Chromace

Chromace MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015
    #1 Chromace, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Hi forums!

Alright, I admit the title was rather general, so I'll elaborate on it here.
    Presentation is important - have you ever judged a person based on appearance alone? - and this extends to every aspect of our lives, including digital compositions such as this one. I pretty much stick with Calibri, but it'd be great to broaden my horizons now rather than later.

So here are my questions for everyone to see (but feel free just to say your all-time favourite font):
    -What font do you use when you want to look like a professional businessman/businesswoman/businessperson?
    -What font do you use when you want to project an air of sophistication? As in 'Wow, this person eats caviar and is totally somebody of noble standing. Fastidious, precise, and really, really classy.'
    -What font would you use for a letter that you'd send to a significant other (romantic or platonic)?
    Have fun! :)

2. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Chromace

Chromace MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015
    @R29k
    It's so clean and pretty! This could definitely rival Calibri (the open licence is just the cherry on top). It totally has a businessman/woman/person look to it.

I can visualise it now: Just like, 'Sir, all your papers are in order. And here's your coffee, double latte as you wished. Will that be all?' Droid Sans feels sorta like that.

4. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Before Droid Sans I liked using Trebuchet MS but Droid just has a cleaner rounded look.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Chromace

Chromace MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015
    @R29k
    Interesting! From what I can see, Trebuchet MS seems a bit taller and thicker. I can understand why Droid is more appealing (however, they both trump Arial in my opinion).

If Droid is the competent businessperson, then Trebuchet is for the really studious writer. It'd be all like, 'As intelligent as the human species is, it is undeniable that the other forms of life on our planet are just as incredible, if not more so than us.'

6. andy.tay70

andy.tay70 MDL Junior Member

Dec 15, 2013
    comic sans MS is cool:biggrin:

7. Chromace

Chromace MDL Novice

Aug 10, 2015
    #7 Chromace, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    (OP)
    @andy.tay70, O_O
    You know, I was quietly wondering how long it'd take for this font to show up. Surprisingly fast it seems. But naw...it's a perfectly fine font - it's just used a bit too much, like Papyrus. Still, the curves... Have you heard of Comic Neue? It apparently improves on Comic Sans MS's shortcomings and makes it look respectable on any resume - quite the achievement indeed.

I'd imagine Comic Sans to sound a bit like this: 'Hi everybody! We'll do the Mexican, Chicken and Macarena dance...all at once! It'll be so much fun!'
    Just think about writing a love letter in this font though. :p

8. CiTRAX

CiTRAX MDL Junior Member

Oct 1, 2014
    I like Halcom

9. NeverCleanARunningSystem

Nov 14, 2015
  10. frozendwarf

frozendwarf MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2015
    courier new, symbol and webdings :rolleyes:

11. kevincy