When did everything change?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jetjock, Jul 4, 2017.

1. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    I've been gone for a while due to some health issues. I'm back now and am having a hard time navigating the new site. Is there a post somewhere (that I obviously can't find) that explains all the changes?

jetjock:plane:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Saurav

Saurav MDL Addicted

Jul 6, 2015
  3. jetjock

jetjock MDL Senior Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Thanks. I'll check both out.

jetjock

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    At first it felt strange to me too, but you get used to it with time, like everything.

The main objection I still have about the change are the avatars becoming disks instead of rectangles, which do not properly lendr themselves to pepping up for special occasions.

5. nodnar

nodnar MDL Expert

Oct 15, 2011
    the main objection i had with xenforo was that it looked like antarctica in a snowstorm.. but you get used to global warming too..

6. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    To stay up to date also concerning security a forums software update was inevitable.
    Xenforo lets us realize most of what we had at vBulletin and it's a good performance.

Anyway there are 'trends' I'd consider like going backwards. Most is layout related. Current web designer have no idea of real art, they optimize web design performance-wise even though current hardware would not even need it.

And we had different ideas. I took care of the 'classic' part. Not anything that is 'modern' is better.
    And most coming from big US companies like google lacks of individual charm.

7. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    On a more philosophical level, isn't change the only constant thing in life? ;)