When is Server 2012 R2 available to purchase?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Xtreem, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Xtreem

Xtreem MDL Junior Member

Mar 2, 2008
    After months of planning I have been given the go ahead to purchase a new server at work, so we can get off 2003 / XP and upgrade to 2012 R2 / Windows 8.1.

No where looks to be selling Server 2012 R2 yet, from what i can find on Google it should have been available on the 1st of November to retail customers, however no where seems to be selling it yet. Even Dell have no idea when they are likely to offer it with servers.

Rather annoying i can get it on Technet, and even download it from here, yet i cant legally purchase it? We're only a small company, with the majority of employees out in the field, so don't have volume licencing.

2. MSDNAA

MSDNAA MDL Senior Member

Aug 6, 2013
    You can always buy one through VLSC. :) Let me know if you need additional information on how to obtain it. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xtreem

Xtreem MDL Junior Member

Mar 2, 2008
    If you can that would be great,

I signed up to the VLSC, however U now need to "Add an Open License to your profile. You will need to provide a valid Open Authorization and License Number."

Any more info would be great!

Thanks.

4. ZaForD

ZaForD MDL Expert

Jan 26, 2008
    No, That's a very basic 'Typo' for eBuyer. ;)
    For awhile I thought they employed people on the their 'Cut n Paste' skills, but now I'm not so sure. :D