When will the leaked key get blocked!

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ambidav, Aug 3, 2009.

1. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008
    ok so i download the windows 7 rtm and activate on slic 2.1 board perfect! how long will this last!! when will they block the key? for real!! just want to know how long we can have fun for!! lol

2. twiz

twiz MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    If you disable Windows Updates, and add an address to your hosts file (I think Hazar posted it somewhere)... you'll be good for a long while.

3. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #3 HotCarl, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    This key will last as long as MS does not put out a patch to disable it. If you dont run your Windows Update, you should be fine. Then when a new OEM SLP key comes out, swap 'em and continue on...

EDIT: twiz, you mean this address "127.0.0.1 mpa.one.microsoft.com" right? You put it in your "hosts" file that is in the \windows\system32\drivers\etc\ folder...

4. ambidav

ambidav MDL Guru

May 14, 2008

5. elviejo

elviejo MDL Novice

Jan 28, 2008
    Well, I did the opposite, I run all the updates to see what happen and guess what, still activated. So, by now, it's all PR.

6. psi

psi MDL Junior Member

Aug 8, 2007
    They will block that key February 30 :cool:

7. Tlinux

Tlinux MDL Novice

Aug 1, 2009
  8. will5

will5 MDL Senior Member

Jun 21, 2007
    They can´t do "nothing"

But maybe... do something, is just related to press, and general public...

"ms blocked the key"

sure :rolleyes:

9. SongRemainsTheSame

SongRemainsTheSame MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2009
    My remedy to be activated forever:

1°) Don't read Ms communication. It's all BS and fuzzy enough so that impressionable people think they can do things they really can't do, like come into your computer and render all l**ders ans activ*tors inoperant, believe me, they can't.

2°) Don't become paranoïd. In fact, Ms is flatted that there's so much (not so) 'underground' activity around their new OS, it's a sign of success, as everyone wanna have it, they know the sales will follow.

3°) Continue to use it normally, to update it. If ever (but really i doubt it, as i said it's just communication BS) the Lenovo seri@l that we all know become blacklisted, a new one will be leaked, and so on, no need to worry about it. Your activ*tor (or your BIOS mod+cert) will continue to function normally.

10. perry650

perry650 MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2009
    Thank you i could not agree more or said it better :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Doesn't everyone remember that the same thing happened to Win XP Pro. Micro$haft blocked the first leaked key with an update and then other keys soon leaked. We all survived.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. SongRemainsTheSame

Jul 20, 2009
    Wow... a ZZTop fan!
    I thought i was a rare specimen, to be exposed in a museum! ;)

13. zzdiesel

zzdiesel MDL Member

May 20, 2007
    Yep, I've been a ZZ Top fan since 1974. My Mom bought the Fandango 8-track for me for Christmas that year.

14. SongRemainsTheSame

Jul 20, 2009
    #14 SongRemainsTheSame, Aug 3, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2009
    I still play 'Lagrange' on my guitar, as this is the most fun-to-play song ever composed!

EDIT: yes i know we're totally off-topic but believe me all this topics about Micro$oft FUD blabla are totally useless, better speak about music!

15. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Count me in to the ZZ Top fans here :D
    I can't play the real guitar but love to play some ZZ-songs in Guitar Hero ;)

An the safest way IMHO is to re-arm till another un-blacklistable SLP key is leaked and update windows as usual ;)

16. Jopplehead

Jopplehead MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Count me in also.... I enjoy ZZ-Top... Nothing wrong with them :)

17. SongRemainsTheSame

Jul 20, 2009
    Do you know if they still release albums? There's long time i never heard news about them.

18. perry650

perry650 MDL Novice

Jun 17, 2009
    no new albums but they still tour here in the usa im in california and they are performing very soon this month !!!

19. Jared-

Jared- MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    ZZ Top were cool in the Back to the Future 3 ahah

20. SongRemainsTheSame

Jul 20, 2009
    Yeah! Back in the Future, and the apparitions of Gibbons in 'Bones'! a good surprise!
    I missed their french tour in 2008, but i hope they come back soon as i just read that they still have a solid fanbase in France!