Where can I buy Legit Win 7 keys?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jellyhead, Feb 14, 2010.

1. jellyhead

jellyhead MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2007
    #1 jellyhead, Feb 14, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
    I read that a subscription to technet.microsoft.com includes 10 product keys for Windows 7 Ultimate as well as other OS versions. Can anyone confirm this? I'm considering buying a subscription solely for the product keys. I have several PCs running Windows 7 at home/office and would like to make them legit. The subscription price is $251 which isn't bad if it actually includes 10 keys.

Are there any other sources for legitimate keys?

2. Yurbuh Tuggly

Yurbuh Tuggly MDL Member

Jul 26, 2009
    Unless they have changed it in the last couple years, when I had a TechNet subscription, I got one key for each product requested, but each key was good for 10 activations.

3. matrixcs

matrixcs MDL Junior Member

Feb 7, 2010
    same here.. i got 4 technet keys i already used the first one.. but the 3 still remains untouched for future purposes :) given to my by a friend who has a technet subscription :)

4. ertemmstein

ertemmstein MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    I live in bulgaria
    can i get technet us account,do i need credit card which is related to us or real us adress?

Sorry for my bad english:rolleyes:

5. Esipes3821

Esipes3821 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    #6 Esipes3821, Feb 14, 2010
    I can confirm that you get 10 keys for each product.. 10 for 7 ultimate...10 for 7 Pro...1 key for Enterprise which is good for 500 activations....10 for home premium etc...same for vista and xp...office 2007...just bought my susbscription a little over a month ago...hope this helps in answering your question

And you also get 10 keys for Ultimate N...and 10 more fore Home Premium N...with the N version not having media player bundled with the OS....but you can download an add on from microsoft to install it on the N version..

6. ertemmstein

ertemmstein MDL Novice

Feb 14, 2010
    #7 ertemmstein, Feb 14, 2010
    Oppsss it is 322 eu in amazon.de and same is amazon.co.uk,
    1.5x price compare with us!!!!

on us site :
    Subtotal $251.28
    Shipping & Handling $0.00
    TAX @ 9.75% On $251.28$24.50
    Order Total $275.78

There is a notice:

so i need real US adress?
    if i write fake US adress on Technet Us, is there a chance to get subscription,they re going to send subs. details by e-mail or they send only Subscription Identification card to billing adress?

@Esipes3821

If one or more of your msdn product keys are stolen by virus trojan etc. and publish on net,microsoft would be block and blacklisted all of your key and subscription as a fraud -violation of EULA or they just blacklisted the key which is stolen?

7. Esipes3821

Esipes3821 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    I cant really answer that question without guessing....because I have yet to have any of my keys leaked anywhere.....but if you try to activate a key on more machines or times allowed...you will just get message when activating that says key is active on another machine....but if a key was leaked on the net and was trying to be activated thousands of times...I dont know if someone would notice and take the time to kill all keys gernerated on the account or not...and I dont plan on finding out...lol

8. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    so what happens if i subscribe and pull a dozen or more keys in the first few days will the flag my account. i have a total of 12 systems i need keys for up front.. or does it not matter as long as the keys are not being used on more than one machine and properly??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. jellyhead

jellyhead MDL Junior Member

Oct 29, 2007

That's a huge amount of PCs for such a small price, I wonder if they can change that at any time.

10. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    thats kinda what im thinking

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Esipes3821

Esipes3821 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    When I first got my account I generated over a hundred keys within an hour of getting the account with no problems..only activated 7-10 of them...as far as changing the amount of activations for Enterprise.. I am sure Microsoft can reduce the activations at any time..but I dont think they will....by the way you get no volume licence key for xp...(at least not with the technet plus account) and the key for Enterprise Edition of Vista is only good for 100 activations...

12. Spawn182

Spawn182 MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2008
    Sorry, if this is a dump question. The idea of those technet licenses is for testing software and setups? When I use those keys to activate my home or office systems, isn't this against the license agreement?
    I need 12 licenses for my office, plus one 2008 server or SBS 2008. This would be a really good deal to get those systems to run. But I use those machines for normal production use and think this is not legit or am I wrong?

13. Esipes3821

Esipes3821 MDL Novice

Mar 30, 2009
    From my understanding you are correct....They can not be used in a production enviroment according to the agreement..just for testing purposes....good thing I will be testing windows 7 until Windows 8 is released....lol

14. Spawn182

Spawn182 MDL Novice

Jun 15, 2008
    #15 Spawn182, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
    That was my point :) Testing since DOS 3.0 and waiting for an MS OS I can trust without testing for several years. Oh wait, for MS DOS 3.3, 5,0 and Windows 3.11 I have the floppydisks with the license printed on them.

So, thechnet is no way for my office to keep costs down.

15. ipkonfig

ipkonfig MDL Junior Member

Jul 14, 2009
    When Windows 7 was released, i bought a few keys from a certain trustworthy seller from e-bay. The keys are still working and she was even willing to replace non-working keys. Maybe you could try your luck over there.

16. rtmichael

rtmichael MDL Novice

Nov 30, 2009
    Is this subscription good for 1 year and then must be renewed?

17. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i know you are not supposed to but i am using some of the technet keys at my office. they are working fine

18. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    i asked me on the technet forum and they told me 100 times