Where Can I downlaod and Cleanly Install Windows 8 on my Sony VAIO SVE1513M1EW

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Mogan, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Mogan

Mogan MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2013
    hello all at MDL

forgive me for asking this question, which is probably answered else where in this forum.
    but I have searched thoroughly and I have not found what I need.

I have A new sony VAIO Laptop. and I want to delete all existing partitions and make a clean install of windows 8.
    i would really like to know where I can download an untouched windows 8 DVD iso from MDL or any other safe place.
    to be honest im not sure if I have have windows 8 PRO or what. i would also like to know how I can find out this information.
    I have my windows 8 Product key. so i have this ready for a clean win 8 install.

can someone kindly let me know what version of windows 8 iso I should download and use on my sony VAIO ?
    (I dont think it the RTM version i need)

Also can someone post me the correct link on where I can download my needed windows 8 DVD ISO ?

is it an OEM version I need ?

Thanks in advance for any help given here.

Regards

Mogan

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  3. Mogan

Mogan MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2013
    #5 Mogan, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
    (OP)
    Cheers for the fast replies guys. appreciated!

so its definately the Retail version I need for A sony VAIO ??
    I thought retail version of Windows 8 wouldnt work with my win 8 Product key.

any more info on this subject would be good.

4. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Well vista and win7 you could use retail disks with coa keys that laptops and computers come with.

I think people are saying its still the same with win8. I have not used win8 but i would assume so.

The fact that no windows 8 oem disks are out, probably shows you that retail disks are used. So download an iso with the sha1 from msdn iso you need.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mogan

Mogan MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2013
    hello MSR

sorry for asking what might seem to you an abvious question and answer, but i would like to learn more about this.

what do you mean when you say:

So download an iso with the sha1 from msdn iso you need.
    I know what msdn is. but what does sha1 mean ?

6. PaulDesmond

PaulDesmond MDL Magnet

Aug 6, 2009
    Hash is the proof that you got a clean version to check when downloaded. Simply avoid crapware of stuff when checking it. See hashes for 8-32.JPG and 8-64.JPG for example

7. Mogan

Mogan MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2013
    #9 Mogan, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
    (OP)
    hi again
    i downloaded win 8 (64) from here:
    (the second link in pauldesmonds reply)
    i checked the hash and it said it matched.
    and i created a bootable DVD using Imgburn. I then tied to create A VM using vitualbox and Vmware player. both stopped at 75% of installing win 8 files. i created a couple of install disks and both disks gave me the same error messages.
    im not really sure where ive gone wrong. you guys know yo stuff. im hoping you might be able to shed some light on why i might be having these problems.

could the windows 8 (64) be corrupt ?

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Try burning dvd at slower speed also you can load the ISO file into vitualbox or Vmware player no need to burn it to dvd to test it.

9. msr

msr MDL Senior Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    In case of VMs there's no need to burn. Just insert the ISO directly. Has the added benefit of being much faster.

11. Warrior1995

Warrior1995 MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2013
    Hi. Same situation as the OP. All links seem dead at the moment. Anything still active now? PM are welcome. Thanks.

12. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  13. Warrior1995

Warrior1995 MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2013
    download link dead:(

14. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Which ISO do you actually want??

15. Warrior1995

Warrior1995 MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2013
    Waiting the laptop to be delivered and thought it would be good to have an untouched iso in advance for a clean install. From you guide, it seems more complicated than that. Will now wait till I have the machine first then. Thanks a lot.

With this backup, I would be okay to rid of any recovery partition on the SSD, right? Ordered 128GB, so storage space is on the tight side. Thanks.

16. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  17. Warrior1995

Warrior1995 MDL Novice

Jul 4, 2013
    Thanks for the links. It seems that I might need the ENGLISH UK version for the first one. For the second, will it work on a SONY product? Anyway, it may be best to ask again when I have the laptop and followed the first steps in your guide.

18. BTOR

BTOR MDL Addicted

Nov 18, 2009
    If the op downloads a 32 bit version and after all this downloading, if the OP need a core single-language then he should start over again for the 64 bit.

NICE WAY TO APPROACH a solution hmm... like i will get dressed and take bath.. , hope the OP had followed TITO's POST on the first place.