Where can I download a specific Windows Update?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by markm_sh091, Nov 5, 2020.

1. markm_sh091

markm_sh091 MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2018
    Hello all:

As part of troubleshooting an issue doing a feature update from Windows 10 1803 to 1909, I'm trying to install the new Microsoft Edge. The problem is all the Edge installers I can get my hands on leave Edge Legacy installed as well and I'm trying to get rid of it BEFORE the feature update process begins. I'm looking to download KB4576753 which, according to the link, specifically installs Edge for Win10 1803.

Normally I'd look to download a specific KB from catalog.update.microsoft.com but this one isn't there and the article says it's only available from Windows Update. Well I've got a fully patched 1803 VM (Enterprise) and the update isn't coming down.

I looked through all of the pages of the Hotfix Repository post for August and for good measure kept going all the way back to June. Does anyone have any tricks to get the direct download link from Windows Update?

Thanks!

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #2 kaljukass, Nov 5, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2020
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. markm_sh091

markm_sh091 MDL Novice

Apr 5, 2018
    Thank you kaljukass. I found what I think I needed in the form of a new update on the catalog named "The new Microsoft Edge for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4584641)". Once I downloaded, installed and rebooted Edge Legacy was gone (from the Start menu at least) and completely replaced with new Edge. This should hopefully satisfy my requirement as the browsers are no longer running side by side (while all the other Edge installers were leaving it completely in place).