Where is the "checkloader" script?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rorobr, Feb 16, 2010.

1. rorobr

rorobr MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Hello

Some months ago (in the old forum) there was a script called "checkloader". I can't find the script anymore. Can anyone post the link or upload the script?

Or how can I find out easily if a BIOS mode is active or a loader is running?

Thanks in advance. Regards.

2. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #2 timesurfer, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
    Right click computer then properties. If it says it activated then loader is working. Also you can use opa tool or daz loader to inform you if windows7 is activated. Or most other loaders

3. rorobr

rorobr MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi.

I know that my W7 is activated. But how can I check if the SLICS2.1 BIOS mod is "active" or the loader?
    With the W7Loader 1.7.7 I can chosse both options - BIOS or LOADER.

My question was how I can evaluate which mode is active? As I remember, the checkloader script was checking for a few files.

4. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Daz's loader has encrypted grub, random size and filename, so I doubt the script will find it, but if you selected bios mod in the loaderapp and windows is activated than you have slic 2.1 in bios and you don't need the loader.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    My bad, if you want to see if you have slic 2.1 you have to unistall loader reboot then use slic dump toolkit to check. But the loader has to be unistalled other wise it will show 2.1 but it might not actually be.

6. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Send a PM to PayMyRent. He wrote a Check Loader exe that reads the Jump Instruction correctly. But this can only find soft-mod loaders that interject themselves into the boot-sequence. This will not tell you if you BIOS has been modded, but I imagine you would already know if you flashed your BIOS.

7. omdhar

omdhar MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Just run Vista7 Slic Ldr, it will tell you if it is 'Bios Mod' or some loader with its name. :p