Where to download original win7 or any safe lite version for a netbook?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kizilelma, Aug 30, 2010.

1. kizilelma

kizilelma MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2010
    I want to upgrade from XP to win7 ultimate 32bit for my netbook.
    But i cannot trust the lite versions. Is there any safe lite versions?
    Or any other for my netbook?

2. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    I think you missed 2 sticky threads and google.. Take a look in these and you will find what you need.

3. kizilelma

kizilelma MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2010
    thanks,
    i will try downloading the win7 sp1 beta release from microsoft. It is safer i guess. But it is for evaluation.
    Can i still activate it by the methods shown in this forum?

4. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Huh? Where did the idea of SP1 beta come from. I would recommend NOT installing SP1 beta unless you're specifically testing it, and understand you will have to wipe your system eventually.

I dislike "lite versions" because they sound like a great idea until you realized they removed required components. Just install a conventional clean version, and use the activation method of your choice. (If you're lucky your OEM will have a BIOS upgrade that includes SLIC 2.1 = easy activation)

5. kizilelma

kizilelma MDL Novice

Aug 30, 2010
    #5 kizilelma, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2010
    (OP)
    I have a netbook and it has win7 starter on it. I hope i can make bios upgrade.

another question; does win7 have any problems for game installations?
    like gta4 or steam? i have licensed steam games and i heard win7 has problems with steam and some other games?

EDIT : What is wrong with SP1?

6. tcntad

tcntad MDL Guru

Oct 26, 2009
    Where the hell did you hear that there's problem with steam and GTA IV? Please tell us that.. Im using 7 64Bit with both Steam and GTA IV..Even doom 3 works fine..

The "problem" is that SP1 is still in beta..

7. bogstandard

bogstandard MDL Member

Apr 16, 2009
    If your netbook has a 450 Atom then 64bit should be ok I myself have a netbook running Ultimate 32 bits but have 2gb ram - which I recommend. A 10 inch netbook is perfect an inch more and its too much an inch less and it's too small.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...