Where To Go To See If Windows 7 Update Is Safe For Loaders/Activating Solutions?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zinkatti, Jul 24, 2015.

1. zinkatti

zinkatti MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2014
    Hi, newbie here. Sorry about the dumb question, but some Patch Tuesdays updates seem to mention patches to their Update System and I seem to always have to google around or look around this forum to see if they're safe.

I'm on Windows 7 x64 Ultimate & Office 2013 x32, using MS Toolkit. (I think? I tried more than one for windows to get it to work, so can't remember which one wound up working.)

Anyway, is there some website or thread here that would just easily tell me to avoid which recent update that will cause problems with the activator I'm using?

There used to be a thread for something like that,
    Microsoft Windows 7 Updates Compatibility Center

I usually check the last few pages of,
    Microsoft Toolkit - Official KMS Solution for Microsoft Products
    Windows 7 Hotfix repository

but there's usually just so many pages to go through. So is there just some website/thread somewhere I can go to find out quickly if there's a "bad" update for activators? Thanks, much appreciated.

2. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    There are none. You can use all updates (with MTK and Loader at least cannot answer for others). :tasty:

any chance something is deactivated during an update, simply run them again and its back to normal.

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    MTK cannot activate windows 7 Ultimate version, You need to use loader.

4. zinkatti

zinkatti MDL Novice

Jul 21, 2014
    cool, so I should be okay installing any update from Microsoft, activator-wise? And the activator will fix it again. Thanks.

How do I tell which activator/loader I used? I tried a couple and I don't know which was the 'winner'.

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    windows loader in my sig. anything else on the net is most likely malware or trashes system files.

6. nsfgp

nsfgp MDL Novice

Nov 11, 2009
    Quick question.
    For system using SLIC2.1 modded BIOS + windows 7 Ultimate + Certificiate/OEM Key Activated:
    What is the best method to upgrade/activate Win 10??