Which activator?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LarsL, Oct 22, 2009.

1. LarsL

LarsL MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    #1 LarsL, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  2. LarsL

LarsL MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    #2 LarsL, Oct 22, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
    (OP)
    Hello guys, sometimes my english can be bad because I'm dutch.
    Today I installed Windows 7 Ultimate NL 32-bit at my grandfather's notebook. It's an Acer Aspire 9414ZWSMi and everything went fine with the installation and after that the installation of software. But for sure it wasn't activated, so I opened up 7Loader 1.1 (Orbit30&Hazar) (it came with the download of my windows edition, before I found this forum I didn't know that it's an old version now :D) and installed it, because on my father's notebook and my desktop it works fine.
    But then I rebooted and saw it didn't work, so I tried PlusPatch or such thing (googled it) and it also didn't work, it even deleted my productkey. Then I runned Windows 7 Loader 1.7 by Daz. Also didn't work, also 'slui.exe' (windows activation file?) was deleted, I don't know which loader/act*vator deleted that file :p
    Then I found this forum and looked at the Windows 7 Repository (by Opa, grandfather = opa in dutch :p) and found 2 options to activate Windows 7.
    A. Using an act*vator.
    B. Modify my BIOS.

The only problem is I don't know what to do know, A or B?
    Also I don't want to mess up the BIOS, because it's my grandfather's notebook and I want to call him with 'Your notebook is done, it's activated.' not with 'Your BIOS is f**ked up, so you're laptop is destroyed, I don't know how to fix it'.
    So if I choose A, which act*vator?
    If I choose B, which key/certificate and how to not kill the BIOS?

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks for reading.
    - LarsL

EDIT: Used RemoveWAT and I don't get any message about windows activation anymore, so I hope it's fixed now, but will I have new problems in the future with activation?

3. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Haha!

RemoveWAT solves everything!

:p

4. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    if you wouldnt mind posting your feedback/story in the official thread so I can improve it :)

5. LarsL

LarsL MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    #5 LarsL, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
    (OP)
    Haha, indeed it is working but I hope it will stay working because now the laptop keeps saying that I am maybe a victim of a pirate copy, so do I need to run it again or am I better off with a loader/act*vator? And which I need to use? SlicToolkit says the laptop has SLIC 2.0 so what do I need to do to get the laptop activated and stay activated with working windows update? And which I don't have to run to not destroy some important files? Not very into this :p

Nice forums btw ;)

6. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    Hello, that not genuine issue sounds like it is stemming from your system having gone through a lot of activation trouble/used an early version of RemoveWAT. I suggest you reinstall and use the newest one, you should have no problems.

7. LarsL

LarsL MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    You mean I have to reinstall windows? I don't hope so because I finally installed software and s**t :p But now I can backup things also that's an advantage :)
    Am I also able to try some loaders and which loader do you prefer? (I guess some of you're own, I already tried: 7Loader 1.1, 7Loader 1.6, Daz loader 1.7.1)
    Or do I just need to use RemoveWAT again? because I'm afraid of Microsoft coming up with an update to prevent against RemoveWAT. Then I'll have to find an other solution. With SLIC 2.0 what would you do?

8. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    You could try removewat again, yes ;)

9. LarsL

LarsL MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    Ok, also have some problems with my desktop right now, stupid dumbass as I am I created a new partition and converted it to a dynamic disk also the other are automatically converted to dynamic disks, so when I started the pc again Windows 7 wouldn't start, I am backing up my data now but the activation should be done again (when I reinstall). So will 7Loader work again? Or just use RemoveWAT?

10. Hazar

Hazar MDL Guru

Jul 29, 2009
    RemoveWAT only is needed

11. LarsL

LarsL MDL Novice

Oct 22, 2009
    Ok that's nice :D
    Are loaders also still working?
    And is RemoveWAT future proof? :p