which apps are save to remove?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by l3ktion, Nov 15, 2019.

1. l3ktion

l3ktion MDL Novice

May 8, 2017
    hey! im planning to switch from LTSB 1607 to 1909 because of an hardware upgrade.
    is there somewhere a list of which windows 10 apps are save to remove and wont break my system? i just want a clean system like LTSB/LTSC. thanks

2. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    Hi s simple after installation of Windows first disable all desirable apps via settings after via gpo/Dism/Powershell run always as Admin this is more easy actions to make without damage your system still all offline...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. l3ktion

l3ktion MDL Novice

May 8, 2017
    thanks for the fast reply. the main problem is with powershell remove that all the registry entrys/contextmenu entrys are still there even when i remove them with the powershell script. im planning to remove the apps with nlite/msmg toolkit before installing windows 10. sorry for my english.

4. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ok, well I sincerely and purposefully did not want in any way indicate the tools available here to add / remove / modify any system image because already in advance know the consequences so as I could observe you already know about MSMG Toolkit then get to work and good luck still sorry for english too...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    no need to remove anything if you just install 1909 Education edition (also known as "clean system like LTSB/LTSC")