which is best ram

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by SAMURAi, Oct 29, 2010.

1. SAMURAi

SAMURAi MDL Novice

Aug 12, 2010
    which company product is best for ram trancend or kingston

help me friends

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. gamepoint

gamepoint MDL Senior Member

Jan 4, 2010
    i personally prefer Kingston..been using it all the time and having no problem at all...Transcend RAMs are bit expensive..

3. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Often the chips are from one mfg. and they are placed onto the PCB by another company. Corsair, Crucial, Kingston have all been around a long time with solid reputations and lifetime warranty RAM.

Ram is not universally compatible as many would think, and DDR3 has well known compatibility issues with motherboards not fully qualified for the particular RAM model.

Take a look at what TOM of Tom's hardware or Anand of Anandtech most often use in their own personal systems and for testing.

4. kingedwards

kingedwards MDL Junior Member

Mar 17, 2010
    I am personally a fan of OCZ memory and they include a lifetime warranty and guarantee compatibility. They come with some killer patented heatsinks for massive overclocking. I have never removed the heatsinks to check out the chip manufacturer they use. Also OCZ has affordable cas latency with faster speeds which makes all the difference when your looking at 4GB+.

On a side note I have used Kingston, Crucial, G-Skill, Elpida, Corsair, Nanya, and Hynix with no issues. Hynix and Nanya will give you better compatibility rates as they use low density memory. The rest I would say are pretty equal on quality and chipset and it is basically your preference.

5. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Between these two....Kingston..

I figure the best RAM is the chip that works..they are made by only a few manufacturers at any rate...Sometimes you just pay for a badge....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. danny3456

danny3456 MDL Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Yeah, Kingston!!!

Compatibility and reliability are among the best, widely used by vendors commercially to supersede oem rams because it is a cheaper alternative, but if you look for overclocking or speed, it may not be your choice.

7. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    i've had good luck with both kingston and gskill

8. U-Fig

U-Fig MDL Member

May 14, 2010
    for me personally ,OCZ.
    started out with budget ram DDR2 4x1GB by MDT (it's a German company that makes those i believe)
    my WEI score for my Ram got as high as 5.6.

decided that i needed some faster ram and tried OCZ value kit 2x2GB DDR2 800 Dual channel Kit and my WEI score went up to 7.0 which surprised me at the price i bought them( 40 Euro's)

wanted to purchase another set but by the time i got around to it the same set costed around a Whopping 120 Euro's so i didn't.
    have been waiting ever since for prices to drop far enough again so i could purchase those for making a total of 8GB in my rig

so personally, its OCZ for me

9. cloves

cloves MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2008
    All ram makers have good and bad ram. Once you buy your ram the first thing you need to do is test run it for 24hrs using memtest. It will tell you if the ram is faulty.

10. tatsumi

tatsumi MDL Novice

Sep 23, 2017
    :shock:

11. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  12. John Sutherland

John Sutherland MDL Addicted

Oct 15, 2014
  13. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I am used to Samsung than any other brand over here. But, it develops problem at times.

14. PaulTroll1282

PaulTroll1282 MDL Junior Member

Oct 6, 2017
    Wow no love for transcend i feel bad for them.
    Eh not really i go kingston cause i have a 1gb transcend stick and it always malfunctions and everytime it does that i have to put it to a different slot but the 1gb kingston that i have is working fabulously.

15. Kevin Rosas

Kevin Rosas MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    only I have had the opportunity to use Samsung in the socket available PCs, I have had other hand, there I cross brand with another brand or if the use only that are the same for operation and performance same for both sides of the socket Dela motherboard

16. pcnavarra

pcnavarra MDL Senior Member

Nov 13, 2017
    If it is for the intel platform as long as it has XMP with the compatible profile for you´re motherboard it should make no diference if it is Kingston etc... manufactured.

17. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
  18. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    @dhjohns......That looks like it is old ram, please update, and download some new ram

19. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
  20. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012