Which is better? Upgrade vista>7 or make 7 DVD w/software&drivers from recovery disc

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jkh334, Aug 8, 2009.

1. jkh334

jkh334 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    I wanna keep all the acer programs/trialware and drivers that came original as that is what is best for my pc if the manufacturer put it there. However I have heard that it is not a good idea to upgrade from vista to 7. Would it be possible to downgrade back if it doesnt go well and return it to the way it was? Is there a way to make a dvd from a win7 dvd and the Acer dvds to make it install win7 instead of vista but install all of the acer software as well? I am currently running vista original upgraded to ultimate and 7 dual boot

2. EclipseSin

EclipseSin MDL Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Well from the get-go you are wrong. If you really want to redo your computer, you should start from scratch and get official drivers. Manufacturers, to say the least, don't install the best drivers. They install what is available and newest usually, which is not always true.

However, to do what you are trying to do, you will need to run Win7, install everything, sysprep, and make an install.wim. Since I'm not familiar with it on 7, and had problems before when I tried for myself months ago, I'll let someone else point you in the right direction.

Not sure about the upgrading thing tho.

3. jkh334

jkh334 MDL Junior Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Well, I am really wanting to just upgrade vista and delete the 7 partition-I have been trying to turn off services to get memory usage down as far as I can with hopes that makes it easier to migrate to 7. I guess if later something happened, I could put in the original vista basic manufacturer DVD, Upgrade back to Vista ultimate, then upgrade to windows 7 ultimate? it would just be all easier to just reinstall windows 7 ultimate one time with all the Acer drivers and deals and softwares