Which is the best choice?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by RonAshman, Dec 23, 2010.

1. RonAshman

RonAshman MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    RonAshman is on a distinguished road

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    1 posts
    Argentina

RonAshman is online now Add to RonAshman's Reputation Report Post

Which is the best choice?
    Hi all!

I'm posting this msg because I don't know what to do in this situation.
    A friend of mine gave me his PC because it's running slowly and bla bla. He bought it 2 and a half years ago so a format/clean install should do it.

It's a notebook Acer Aspire 5720Z. I'd love to install Win7x32 or x64 but it's not listed as compatible in Acer's website and I ran the advisor and the problems listed were with software specifically from Acer.
    In acer website there are SOME but not all the drivers for Windows 7.

Anyway, as I see it these are my options, but I don't know which would be the best choice.

1) Clean install of Windows 7 and pray that everything will work.

2) Format and install WinVista x32 Home Premium, which is the OS it already has.

3) Don't mess with the OS and just try to clean all the crap that's making it run slowly.

Option 1 would be the best. I just need to see where I can get Windows 7 in Spanish cause I can't install it in English.

Option 2 would be good too. He doesn't remember if the PC came with a set of DVDs and I checked and there's no backup in the hard drive to do a factory reset, so I should install it from a DVD. My question is: if I install WinVista Home Premium x32 (the one that it came with) can I use the same product key and it will be accepted as legal and everything else?

Thanks in advance!
    Greetings ^^

2. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Win7 + BiosMod or Loader (imo)

3. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    A laptop with existing Vista OS should not have any problem with drivers if you change it to 7.

4. KotaXor

KotaXor MDL Senior Member

Aug 3, 2009
    From Acer website, Acer Aspire 5720Z is compatible with WinXP, Vista and 7 too. Go ahead with the installation.
    Use Loader or bios mod.