Which is the most reliable option (at the moment) for integration?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kayleros, Jul 7, 2011.

1. kayleros

kayleros Guest

I want to integrate the post-SP1 updates to my MSDN SP1-u image. Just integrate the updates - nothing more!

What's the more reliable option to go for i.e. rt7lite, vlite (read it doesn't work with my image), 7Customizer, W7T, burfadel's script (work in progress :worthy:)

Basically I want something that is known to be reliable. Last time I tried, it was rt7lite (2.6.0) which seemed to have buggered some system components. This time, I won't be removing/customising anything. Just integrate the hotfixes :eek:

2. Gremo

Gremo MDL Junior Member

Feb 19, 2011
    You can use dism /Add-Package. It should work with msu patches and it's pretty fast

3. kayleros

kayleros Guest

You mean this? http://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/22614-GDism-ELDI-v6.2

Do I still need to install WAIK for this to work? I guess no, since it doesn't mention anything. I will give it a go, thanks. I remember Trinket mentioned this tool for me before, but I was a bit put off by the GUI. But since I m not confident with the cmd, I try that, thanks!

4. Gremo

Gremo MDL Junior Member

Feb 19, 2011
    Well you can do it using a GUI (there are several...) or just from command line. If you are running windows 7 right now you already have dism.exe. Imagex can be downloaded separately. Then you just put *.msu files in a folder (say: Updates) and run dism /Image:eek:ffline /Add-Package /PackagePath:Updates.

Before running that command you should mount the wim file (a particular edition, professional for example) to the offline folder. Just google "dism mount wim". After adding packages you have to commit the changes to the wim file (/UnMount-Wim /MountDir:eek:ffline /Commit).

You can do it in command prompt (this way you learn better) or just use a graphical interface, it's up to you. But in the end this is the most secure way to add packages (updates)

5. livinginswva

livinginswva MDL Member

Sep 5, 2010
    i'm going to give this a try also, will report back.