Which is the safest method to activate your Windows 7? Bios or loader?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hpnotebook, Oct 26, 2009.

1. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Which is the safest method to activate your Windows 7? Bios or loader?

2. Slacktoo

Slacktoo MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    #2 Slacktoo, Oct 26, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    Definitely loader. Modifying the BIOS is dangerous if it isn't performed properly, and any problems that occur when flashing the BIOS can result in its corruption, meaning it will be useless and need to be replaced (the actual hardware will need to be replaced, there's nothing you can do software-wise).

The only difference between the two is that loaders add a script on the boot partition (Linux Grub boot loader (GRLDR)) which will put OEM information (SLIC 2.1) into memory before Windows starts. This way Windows thinks that the SLIC 2.1 come from the BIOS (which is false). On the other hand, modifying the BIOS means that we add OEM information (SLIC 2.1) to the BIOS for real.

3. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    So basically if I use a loader, it won't screw up my laptop performance or create some other issues? And what if I recover my PC to its factory condition (ie, Vista), will the loader be uninstalled?

4. ynhdarkman

ynhdarkman MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    No, you won't lose performance (I'm using one so I know what I'm talking about:D)
    And yes, recovery returns EVERYTHING to "default"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Slacktoo

Slacktoo MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    #5 Slacktoo, Oct 26, 2009
    If you have used an act¡vator and for some reason it broke your system boot partition, you might be stuck at BIOS and Windows won't start anymore. It can be fixed easily:

If you used an act¡vator from Daz, Hazar or nononsence:
    1. Hold the "R" key on your keyboard during startup, if nothing appear try again with the "C" key.
    2. When you see the loader menu, select "Windows without loader".
    3. Once on Windows, uninstall the loader and try another one.

Recovery back to Vista will certainly uninstall the loader automatically so don't worry, but you can also uninstall the loader yourself by simply opening the software and clicking "uninstall".

By the way, I see that you appear to have a HP notebook? Me too. Mine is a HP Pavilion dv9000 series notebook, and I had no problems at all updating to Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, and I used Daz's loader with no problems at all. Good luck and keep us updated!

6. hpnotebook

hpnotebook MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    Thanks for your insights. Just making sure. Yeah I've got an HP tx1305us, performance sucks for some reason even though the specs are okay. Thus, I'm considering an upgrade to Windows 7 first, then maybe some hardware increase if necessary.

7. jasqid

jasqid MDL Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Depends on what your definition of "safe" is. If you dont want to risk your hardware, slacktoo is accurate.

If you want the closest thing to real oem @ct!vation, and be "safe" with windoze updates, then the b!0s m0d is the way to go.

I have PCs running both methods, never had a problem with either.... but I prefer the B!0S mod.

8. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    There are actually several different methods for activating dude.

1. Bios Mod(Slight risk of bricking your pc but the best method)

2. Loader(Easy to use but greater chance of getting thwarted. Use Daz's new 1.7.2 loader if you are gonna use a loader because of accuracy/dependability.)

3. Hazar's New RemoveWAT(This removes the whole software licensing protection systems instead of activating to keep your pc running. This is easy but most likely gonna be thwarted by MS because of what it is.)

4. Other small programs like Chew-WGA(I personally never tested these)

You are good to go. I would either use the Bios Mod method or Daz's Loader method as they are probably the most reliable methods. Good Luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Slacktoo

Slacktoo MDL Novice

Oct 25, 2009
    #9 Slacktoo, Oct 26, 2009
    Yeah, and the thing to remember about Daz and other's loaders is that even if they fail one day and you boot Windows to see the message "your copy of Windows is not genuine", you can simply try a loader again or resort to a BIOS mod. The only thing that will happen if WGA eventually fails after you activate with a loader is that you won't be able to get certain Windows updates and other things might be disabled until you activate again. I highly recommend using a loader first to save any unnecessary BIOS risk, but for advanced PC users or people with hardware backup plans the BIOS is usually the best way to go.

10. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    @hpnotebook

i PMed you :D