Which is the system Utilities

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by acid29, Nov 28, 2010.

?

Which is the best PC System Utilities software suite???

1. Advanced System Optimizer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. System Mechanic Professional

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. TuneUp Utilities

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. SystemSuite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. BoostSpeed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Performance Toolkit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. WinUtilities

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  8. Advanced SystemCare PRO

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Spotmau PowerSuite

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Norton Utilities

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. acid29

acid29 MDL Novice

Aug 19, 2010
    #1 acid29, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
    Why Use PC System Utilities Software?

Computers slow down for a number of different reasons. A lot of us think that we need to get a new computer when the one we have creeps to a halt, but that’s not the case. Many times what’s making your computer slower can be solved within a matter of moments. PC system utilities should be your first option in the fight against the slowdown. PC system utilities have all the tools you’ll need to get your computer back up and running. Plus, if you get one of these PC system utilities, you won’t have to pay near as much as you would for a new computer.

PC system utilities can do everything from repair and optimize your registry to remove traces of your internet activity. They can also clear junk files from your hard drive, update your device drivers, optimize your memory, scan for viruses or spyware and help you backup and recover your files. There are many other things PC system utilities can do. Each of these PC system utilities offers a different set of features and tools. You have to find which one of the PC system utilities has the right tools to meet the needs of your machine.

When your system starts to act sluggish, the last thing you should do is panic. If you reach for one of these PC utilities, you’re more than likely going to find the solution to your problem. In fact, your system will probably end up running better than it did even when it was new. In this electronic world where viruses and spyware grab onto our machines on a daily basis without us knowing, it’s good to have a program that’s going to respond to the occasion when we need them the most.

In this site, you'll find articles such as PC Utilities: Why You Need Them and Fix a Sick PC in Four Easy Steps as well as comprehensive reviews on PC system utilities like Advanced System Optimizer and System Mechanic. All of this is presented with a side-by-side comparison to help you make an informed decision on which service is right for your computer’s needs. At TopTenREVIEWS We Do the Research So You Don't Have To.™

PC System Utilities: What to Look for

PC system utilities can solve pretty much any problem your system is going to have. You first have to find the program that has the tools that are going to cure what ails your machine. A lot of PC utilities have solid feature sets, but these features might not give everyone what they need. Luckily, there are many PC system utilities to choose from, so you don’t have to worry about dealing with a program that has a lot of unnecessary tools and features. It’s up to you to make the right choice for the future health of your machine.

Here are the criteria we used to evaluate PC system utilities:

Maintenance/Diagnostics
    The key to getting an upper hand on maintaining your computer is watching everything closely and performing preventative maintenance if the need arises. PC utilities can keep an eye on every system level and setting for you to make sure nothing goes off kilter. When something is out of sync, the program will tell you and you will be able to respond to it before it becomes a problem.

Repair/Recovery
    PC utilities are capable of repairing parts of your system that would otherwise remain untouched under the watchful eye of other computer maintenance programs. They can also help you recover your data when your system crashes or another event happens that results in data loss. Using one of these programs is the electronic equivalent to having a mechanic look under the hood of your car.

Optimization
    The best PC system utilities can take any part of your system’s configuration and refine it to make sure it’s running at full capacity. Many things can happen to our computers that can make current processes not run as well as they should. Every so often even the machines that seem to be well taken care of are going to need a bit of an adjustment.

Ease of Use
    When your computer starts to slow down, you aren’t going to want to have to learn how to use a lot of different features to be able to get it up and running again. You will want the program to be self-explanatory while still maintaining its high level of functionality. The top programs in this category are the ones that were most able to strike this delicate balance.

Help & Support
    As with any program that’s loaded with features, you will want to choose a program that comes from a company that has a wide range of help and support options. You will want to have the comfort in knowing that there will be someone there to answer your questions if you have them. The top products in this category should be both high functioning and have a good support system to back them up.

If you want to bring your computer back from the brink, you need to look no further than PC system utilities. These feature-rich programs are going to provide you with everything you need to solve most of what ails your computer. You don’t need to spend a lot of money on getting a new computer if you have one of them around.

Vote for the best

I use Tuneup Utilities 2011 which is registered

But CC cleaner does a much better job

And Defraggler is a good option for defragmentation

2. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    obviously Tune Up Utilities.....
    All in one best package.....

3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    None all a load of garbage ( All in one Solutions) as far as i am concerned.

4. Thugsta

Thugsta MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    Windows 7 Manager

5. rpagarwal2

rpagarwal2 MDL Novice

Oct 12, 2009
    Ccleaner do much better job

Its Free..!!!!

6. KiwiDave

KiwiDave MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    System Mechanic Pro IS the best and you can nearly always get it at half price $19.95.

7. berdinatilli

berdinatilli MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    sry to disagree with you KiwiDave, but System Mechanic Pro is a System KILLER Pro.

the only time i used it, it messed up my system completly, half of the apps didnt started anymore due system errors that wasnt there before...

basically i had to reinstall windows and everything else from scratch.

if your system is simple (just the basics installed like office, live msg, skype and so on) i would go for TuneUp Utilities.

i cant say those suites are good, so i will just say TuneUp Utilities is the least (less) bad of all...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Same here, just added TweakMe!.

windsman.

9. EneergE

EneergE MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    These are useless.

The only tools you need are CCleaner, CleanAfterMe, and Autoruns to disable start up items.
    Anything else just bogs your system down if it runs in the background.

If you need diagnostics, then get the Ultimate Boot CD.
    You need product keys, get ProduKey.

10. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    I use none of the above! Just CCleaner, Auslogics Registry Cleaner, QuickSys RegDefrag, Perfect Disk, and NOD32 Antivirus with SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    I have had good success with win 7 manager. The latest builds seem to work real good. I noticed win 7 manager isn't in poll :(

12. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    Personally I really only use Win7Manager occasionally. I rarely do though. The only thing I use regularily is either Perfect Disk or Diskeeper 2010. Most are bloated and not worth it.