Which laptop should i buy for Christmas ? Or should i wait for 6 months ?

Discussion in 'Mobile and Portable' started by Hazkeel Rizvi, Nov 16, 2015.

1. Hazkeel Rizvi

Hazkeel Rizvi MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2011
    I want to buy a laptop, by this Christmas, which has excellent battery timing, raw power for gaming, spss, adobe, although i would wait more if there are any spectacular laptops coming in within 6 months of Christmas.
    4k screen is not needed since it would probably soak up all of the battery but a great video card is required. (so suggest me on this too as i am confused between titan series and normal nvidia gtx)
    Preferably any processor with at-least 6mb cache and unclocked 4.0ghz processor. So, i also need guidance on what processor and ram should i go for ? Since the launch of 6th gen intel and ddr4 recently, i have been confused with the reviews and what the companies have to say as both contradict to some extent.
    Range is not an issue since, i have to buy and work on the system for the next 2-3 years.
    Shipping region: USA. Although i would pay more to get a system if its worth it :mushy:
    PS: I am a picky buyer as i take into consideration many things, so deep analysis are welcoem :biggrin:
    Cheers mates ;)

2. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    You mean 6 weeks not months. You can be assured there is nothing new coming up within those weeks. I would suggest you get something like Microsoft Surface Book with a good GPU.

3. cocachris89

cocachris89 MDL Senior Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Your really all over the place. When buying a laptop you can only have two options; Price, Performance, and Battery. I also don't think there are many (if any) laptops out that have unlocked 4.0Ghz processors, too much heat to dissipate in a small unit.

4. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    You want excellent battery life and raw power for gaming. Hope you are looking forward to a 12 pound laptop.

5. Flipp3r

Flipp3r MDL Expert

Feb 11, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Jueles

Jueles MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2015
    You should way for just one reason, the inflated prices due to the xmas business

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i tell u this much.. if you buy an asus, make a full bios chip dump as they were prone to bricking. (did they fix that yet?)

8. bpwnes

bpwnes MDL Member

Aug 11, 2015
    The ASUS ROG laptops are really nice and have excellent cooling. I've had lots of experience with them (be careful with your power jack).

If you want something small, Razer makes gaming ultrabooks. MSI laptops are decent, and Clevo machines are heavy but amazing.

9. xkwas

xkwas MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2015
    My only advice is get a 4GB GPU! The 2GB GPU era's end is near.

10. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009
  12. gorski

gorski MDL Guru

Oct 21, 2009