Which one is better?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by w.K., Oct 14, 2010.

1. w.K.

w.K. MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    Hello again, sorry for the trouble as well because I have some questions to ask. XD

Okay, I am thinking whether should I switch from Rapidshare to Hotfile? I am saying about their premium account.

I have been a RS user for about 1 year, mostly I use it to DL and sometime, upload some files to share with my friends and all. But I have decided that maybe it's time to change to some other sites like HF. So, I was wondering will HF be better than RS in DL speed, their storage, their DL limit, size, etc? Or should I simply be better off sticking back to RS?

I live in Asia so, my 'max' DL speed for RS is like only 1 MB/s and on an average of 600 KB/s (Premium) but I'm not sure whether will HF speed up my DL speed.

And, oh, one most important reason of why I want to switch is that people are uploading mostly on HF than on RS which is why, I thought of switching. XD

Sorry for the text-wall and trouble but please help me on this one. Thanks in advance!

2. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    RS is almost dead, no one upload there anymore.
    looks like fileserve or hotfile would be the best bet :)

3. w.K.

w.K. MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    Yeah, I have noticed that RS is almost dead as well. And, most stuffs are uploaded to FS/HF so, I was thinking whether to switch. I guess, I will be switching to HF and give HF a month test to see if it's any good. Much thanks again.

4. ahyanglf

ahyanglf MDL Novice

Apr 2, 2010
    read above ,

but RS are still the biggest users around the world!

5. w.K.

w.K. MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2010
    Okay, hello all. I have a real stupid question to ask so, please pardon me. I have already purchased HF premium account for a month.

I have set 'Direct Download' in my HF account but whenever I click a HF link, I will bring me to the home page which it told me to upgrade to premium account and says that I'm not 'logged in' as a premium member at all? Why is that so? I have cleared my cookies, cache, etc but still no luck.

Also, I added HF to my IDM but I can't seems to DL. For instance, it's a .RAR file but it always give me a .html file...

Any help, guys?