Which Registry Cleaner Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by KiwiDave, Nov 22, 2010.

1. KiwiDave

KiwiDave MDL Novice

Nov 8, 2009
    I know some of you will say that you should not use them but I have never had any problems ever and that the PC DOES run qicker after a good clean.

I used to swear by Registry Shower 2007 but after trying Registry First Aid 7, it found over 840 (total) obsolete Active X and other files (compared to 48 found by Registry Shower) and is far far quicker now after a reboot.

What program do you use/prefer?

2. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Phazor 1.0

Works great and rarely messes something up. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Thugsta

Thugsta MDL Novice

Jul 28, 2009
    I use Registry Cleaner from Windows 7 Manager

4. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    tune up utility....
    Best all in one software.....

5. hobbes5215

hobbes5215 MDL Novice

Jun 14, 2009
    I use ccleaner. It does a bunch of other stuff like lets you disable startup apps.

6. boy123robin

boy123robin MDL Novice

Nov 25, 2010
    i use registry booter :)

7. jmmen

jmmen MDL Novice

Jan 6, 2010
    Registry Mechanics / CCleaner. What CCleaner miss, Registry Mechanics gets.

8. xeonddl

xeonddl MDL Novice

Dec 5, 2010
    I use CCleaner, Find it very good, Do like tuneup utilities too.

9. AmiJIm

AmiJIm MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2010
    Personally i have used registry cleaners with little success.I preferred having done an image of the OS on a fresh install and bring it up every 6 months or about.Hassle free with todays software and not forget that every day usage slows up the pc pretty good to the point that only format is the only option.

10. GEMINI365I

GEMINI365I Guest

I have used them all....
    I find that one is not the best for everyone. I have a bunch of different utilities installed that do the same thing. So I don't only use one, but I use multiple proggies.

JE

11. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I normally use Registry Mechanic by PCTOOLS but I have learned that every registry cleaner can mess up your computer in one way or another so tbh I really don't use them anymore, I do still use registry defrag but I kinda leaned away from cleaning the registry to prevent potential issues. One for example cripled the HP MediaSmart program on my laptop to where I cannot update the program or reinstall it. I know for sure it was the reg cleaner though because when I used the restore registry MediaSmart worked again lol.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. andy_s

andy_s MDL Novice

Nov 21, 2010
    Tbh, I've never used one. Maybe I'll try a few mentions in here, although I find that I do occasionally just wipe and re-install a backup image of my OS with drivers etc. I guess we all install things we only use once or twice then uninstall/forget about.

13. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    sometimes i use cccleaner, auslogics, mvregclean, Vit Registry Fix.

windsman

14. EneergE

EneergE MDL Novice

Dec 13, 2009
    The only one worth using is CleanAfterMe by Nirsoft. It's a simple portable application that removes some logging data and a few other things. I consider the rest Crapware.

CCleaner is a nice tool, but it's registry tool isn't great.

15. Matrix Leader

Matrix Leader MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2009
    I use Auslogics Registry Cleanter FTW

16. del4no

del4no MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2009
    Howdy guys...
    I used to use TuneUp/TU.. But now adding Registry Reviver /RV v1.4.50 (Portable)
    But as far as i can say, there's no BEST 1.
    (At 1st scanning RV detected & fixed approx. 1800 left by TU ; Then Scan again with TU which detected & fixed approx. 40)
    What i got now is whenever i turn on my lappie, it direct to login (nomore bootskin... ha..3)

17. Tatletz

Tatletz MDL Novice

Dec 4, 2010
    Dear registry cleaners users,
    I would appreciate it if you could provide more detailed info about how much performance improvement you have gained!
    Thanking you in advance!

18. andykn

andykn MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2009
    Looks like a scam to me judging by the fake pcregistrycleaners.org

19. djNio

djNio MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2011
    CCleaner > All.