Which version of Media Player Classic to install?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ian82, Mar 31, 2012.

?

Which version of MPC-HC to install?

1. Stable version which has last been updated on the 30th of JAN

45.5%
  2. Latest Builds from the site I posted below

54.5%
  1. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. =)(=

=)(= Guest

#2 =)(=, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
  3. ian82

ian82 MDL Expert

Mar 7, 2012
    #3 ian82, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    (OP)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
  5. robalm

robalm MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
  6. =)(=

=)(= Guest

I see now what it is about.

From another forum:

7. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Media Player Classic Home Cinema does not work on Windows 7 or Windows XP. I get an error message that my Direct X is out of date, which is nonsense. As they are up to date. So I use Media player Classic the old Zip file version not HC.

Media Player Classic HC is the one that installs by normal download executable file. And Media Player Classic is the old version that installs as a zip file.

Media Player Classic works fine on my Windows XP,Windows 7 and Windows 8 without any problems. But Media Player Classic HC does not work, so I don't use that version. I just use Media Player Classic. Andrea Borman.

8. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    No,I said that Media Player Classic works on all versions of Windows.

But Media Player Classic HC does not.

And Direct X is bundled with all versions of Windows including Windows 7. As it is part of Windows. So I don't need to reinstall Direct X. The problem is with the Media Player, and it does not work on Windows XP either, not just Windows 7.

So I just use Media Player Classic which does work. Not the other version,Media Player Classic HC.Andrea Borman.

9. =)(=

=)(= Guest

#11 =)(=, Apr 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2012
  10. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    #12 Andrea Borman, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    But Windows 7 has Direct X 11 and Windows XP has Direct X 9 or 10. I am not sure which. So why would I need to install an earlier version of Direct X on Windows 7? Andrea Borman.

11. dabits

dabits Guest

Because MPC-HC NEEDS The latest DirectX 9.0c runtime (June 2010).
    Just install it and you're OK!
    Or don't install it and use MPC, it's your choice.

:coffee:

12. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    It did not say that in the error message.It said I needed Direct X 10 which is the version for Windows Vista. But Windows 7 and Windows 8 CP have Direct X 11. But Windows XP has Direct X 9.

But I got the same error message from Media player Classic HC on Windows XP. Even though it does have Direct X 9. So it does not work on ANY version of Windows. And I only have 1GB ram netbooks. maybe that's it.

But no other Media player I have tried gave me this problem. But I am just using Media Player Classic the zip file install version.Which works well just like WMP and is good enough. So you don't need Media Player Classic HC. Just use Media Player Classic.

And why do they have two different versions anyway? What does Media Player Classic HC do that Media Player Classic does not do? Andrea Borman.

13. azlvda

azlvda MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    you NEED to UPDATE your built-in Win XP or Win 7 Directx 9 to THE LATEST DirectX 9.0c runtime (June 2010)

14. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Well my Direct X on Windows XP is the latest version 9. And on Windows 7 it is 11. There are two versions of Media Player Classic-Media Player Classic Home Cinema-that installs as a normal download.
    And Media Player Classic that installs as a zip file.

And Media player Classic works but Media Player Classic Home Cinema does not work.
    So I just use Media Player Classic. What's wrong with that? What is better about Media player Classic Home Cinema?Andrea Borman.

15. azlvda

azlvda MDL Member

Jun 28, 2009
    DX11 and DX9 on win 7 are ENTIRELY SEPARATE and must be updated separately
    preinstalled DX9 on your win 7 is outdated then you need to update to the latest DirectX 9.0c runtime (June 2010)

16. Andrea Borman

Andrea Borman MDL Member

Apr 16, 2012
    No No, Direct X 11 is pre installed on my Windows 7, not Direct XP 9. Direct X 9 is pre installed on my Windows XP.

But I don't want to use Media Player Classic HC anyway. I just want to carry on using Media Player Classic. I don't need Media Player Classic HC,when Media Player Classic works well on all my computers. Andrea Borman.

17. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    The June 2010 DirectX update has Direct X 11 updates in it too, it has DX 9,10 and 11 binaries.

18. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    So carry on, nobody forces you to it, just stop wingeing

sebus