Which W10 should I get?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by BigRedSun, Oct 1, 2017.

1. BigRedSun

BigRedSun MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2017
    Hey guys, long time GNU/Linux user here, I'm forced to learn to use windows 10, so to speak, and I'm blown away by the large amount of versions it has, back In the day you just used a fresh ISO, burn it into a cd and that was all the hassle, now...which version should I get for regular updates (I use WSUS Offline) and with NO telemetry if possible.
    Well, that's It. Hope someone can give a hint on this thing

2. LostED

LostED SVF Patch Lover

Jul 30, 2009
    #2 LostED, Oct 1, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    @ LostED hmm unfortunately Windows 10 PRO Workstantions no released in september who know in october 17 :thinking:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
  5. BigRedSun

BigRedSun MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2017
    Thanks a bunch, guys, you've been very helpful. Seems like walking on muddy waters with this new OS.
    I'll do my reading about it, thanks. Any of the tweaks can be modified by some Update they roll, right?

6. tonto11

tonto11 MDL Addicted

Jun 18, 2012
    On the other hand, I would try LTSB first , and when you find things that it won't do that you must have
    you can look for something more complicated.
    like trying the VW beetle before the Caddy

...T

7. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    LTSB is not really a representation of windows 10, I would advise to go for a legit edition of win 10 Pro.

You still can get a fully legit HWID/DL for free.

8. BigRedSun

BigRedSun MDL Novice

Oct 1, 2017
    How so? You mean, with the features removed like Windows Store and all that? That's not a an issue, for me at least, I don't see the point of a centralized thing not for convenience nor privacy.
    I just got the Windows10Pro_x64_EN_N_Edition and the regular one (From the Media Creation Tool) time to set up some VM's and see how this two roll.

Is it me or links and things seem a bit uneasy to find here on MDL? there a lot of links with W10 stuff..