Which way is better? Win7 activation -> Win 10 OR Win 10 install & activation.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by durchnacht, Jul 12, 2016.

1. durchnacht

durchnacht MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2016
    Hi, I recently changed computer from oem licensed XP pc to a new one and I'm looking for the best way to activate Windows 10.

I don't know computers well but it seems i have two options:

1. Install Win 7 and activate it with some activator --> upgrade it into Win10 using MS' free upgrade until Jul 29.
    2. Install Win 10 and activate it with some activator.

Actually, i already installed Win7 and activated it with an activator but it seems it doesn't properly give you a license as I see a message: Build 7601 this copy of windows is not genuine.

Now I'm afraid to upgrade my computer in this state not only because it will stay fake after Win 10 upgrade but also because i suspect MS will collect my motherboard information and never forget i'm using a fake windows.

That's why I'm afraid to take option #1 for now and if i ever go with #1, I will have to find way to activate Win7 without seeing the same Build 7601 message. Which means I get the same legit Win10 after I upgrade it to Win10? (Not sure about this. Do I get a permanent license on Win10 if I upgrade Win7 with good activation?)

OR,

I can take option #2 and just start over with installing Win 10 on my new PC and activate it with an activator.

KMSpico, the one uploaded on

threads/65739-KMSpico-Official-Thread (I can't post links :( )

is the only activator I can find without any fear of malware, trojan, etc.

Would it work? Is it safe?

Which of two options should I take?

To summerize:

1. Between option #1(win7 activation->win10 upgrade) and option#2(win10 activation) which one should I take?
    2. If i go with option #1, would I use legit Win10 permanently?
    3. I i go with option #2, which activator is the best?

Thx.

2. kazzkazz

kazzkazz MDL Junior Member

Sep 2, 2011
    Install Win 7 and activate it with DAZ's loader, upgrade to win 10

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    But you should know that all the old XP computers are not possible to upgrade to Windows 10. Just a CPU or the motherboard does not allow and You'll get error message, where is something similar "Your Windows 10 install NX error..."
    Windows 8.1 and 10 setup has CPU feature checks - PAE, SSE2, NX, (CMPXCHG16B only for x64) to install. If not enabled the checks fail. Your processor is a baby to my 10-year old (Pentium 4 Prescott) and has all these features for a 32-bit install, but they may be disabled.
    You could check your bios to see if the NX or XD (NoeXecute or eXecute Disable) and PAE (Physical Address Extension) features are enabled.
    But even, if CPU has these futures, sometimes is impossible to turn them on, even if to use command line method.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    And the op has 2.5 weeks to do it.

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. second_guess_everything

Feb 10, 2015
    good to know the Win7 loader method still works

7. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Within your current system, m[FONT=&amp]ake a System Image and the repair disk when asked. [/FONT]

That way even if you completely muck up, you can go straight back to where you started and have a do-over. You can do this any number of times assuming you don’t wear out your media.

Maybe the best approach:
    [FONT=&amp]1. [/FONT]Install Windows 7 if you already haven’t
    [FONT=&amp]2. [/FONT]Activate with Daz loader
    [FONT=&amp]3. [/FONT]Upgrade to Windows 10
    [FONT=&amp]4. [/FONT]Make a Windows 10 System Image and its repair disk.

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I would say the opposite. Nothing can go wrong, and no backup is not required, but it does not mean that it can not be done. If You want, if You have space, if You have time and there are important documents, etc, of course, do it. But the immediate need is not.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Afawk it works till july 29. 2016 :)

On my systems (and the ones i take care off) upgrading hasn't given any problems so far (my main system has been upgrading from 7 > 10586 > all previews)

10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I was under the impression that once you install 10 and let it validate the license on line, the you have the entitlement license on the motherboard for the life of that board, now if you wiped the drive and put 7 back on it and then in another year or so, or even when 7 expires, could you still put 10 back on and still have the digital entitlement license in place from the motherboard?

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    That's what we all count on. Once established always HWID activated. With the new RS1 release it's even possible to link the HWID to a MicroSoftAccount for when activation problems occur after major hardware changes have been done.

12. durchnacht

durchnacht MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2016
    I was busy for the past two days sorry for the late reply.

So you mean validating Win10 WILL give your mainboard a life long license of the board.

Is it then true vice versa? i.e: if i don't(can't) validate Win10 until MS' update in Aug, would I NEVER be able to validate Win10 with my mainboard unless I buy one?

I'm not sure if I made myseld clear enough. If there is any confusion, let me know.

Thx for the useful reply by the way

13. durchnacht

durchnacht MDL Novice

Jul 12, 2016
    Is DAZ's loader better than MS toolkit / KMSpico ??

Where can i get authentic one instead of malware junk?

14. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I think that no one can predict what or how all will be after 29 July. But one thing is clear - if possible, update before, and don't know why, but somehow not talking about someone that you will encounter in your computer the new real activation key. This, after all, can write it somewhere, just in case, and to keep it for future.
    This key is different of all previously installed (and used) keys.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    When you get a HWID now it will work after july 29. 2016 when you have to re-install. When the HWID is linked to your MSA (From RS1 up it's a new feature) you probably are able to carry over the HWID activation when you do major HW changes like mobo etcetc.....