Which you found more difficult to use the Window 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Polyester, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Polyester

Polyester MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2014
    I'm using Window 7. I want to update to Window 10. However, i'm afraid the system and the setting that i don't know how to use.Then,it will make me more confusion. Does the member from here want to give me suggestion of using the Window 10?o_O

I watched the clip on the Youtube. It's excited to me. Because the system and the application are attracting me...

What do you think?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    If you're an experienced Windows 7 user, you wouldn't have problems with Windows 10.

Suggestion is to keep your Windows 7 as Main System while use to install Windows 10 on an extra HDD (if possible) or as an Dual (which I personally don't like) on an the existing HDD on it own partition (mainly on Laptop).

Personally I would use an extra HDD for Windows 10TP by unconnecting the main HDD with W7 before install and install W10TP on it. After done that fully, reconnect the Main HDD and use the BIOS Boot Manager (by using F11 or whatever F-Key your system uses) for to chose what system/HDD I would like to use while start the machine. That would give the freedom of to have an working system, even if one of the HDD's fail to boot (for what reason ever)!.

That's just how I work, while other may would use different ways. Just to tell, W10TP is stable enough for to work with but keep in mind that it's still in Alpha stage and the Keylogger and Telemetry is used by MS to get infos about what you do with it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #3 Nucleus, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    #4 coromonadalix, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
    the new control panel, i totally hate it, explain to me .... why is it so hard to simply change a clock or time etc...
    one click "open the damn clock" and let me change it. I hate multi clicks to do this, and to do that.

When the Offices suites past the 2007 version i simply stopped using them, and use open office instead, nobody will convince me of the tabbed menus are more productive pffffff

the Explorer, again i hate tabbed like menus, and sometime i have to battle explorer to have files listed as a list and stay as a list grrrrrr

The WinSXS folder who is getting very huge 7 gigs in space with more that 61,500 files ????? tried every tips and tricks to reduce it's size .......

I don't think Win10 will impress me. Microsoft are pushing us what they want, and we have to accept it, but in my case i want absolute control over my pc. They finally started to listen the consumers after the Win 8 fiasco, but not enough.

I don't want cortana, i dont want store gimmicks, i want a simple lean mean machine, with only the needed services, not crap loaded things.

I am with Microsoft since the windows 3.1 era, tried all the windows type after that, up to win 10, each time causing more and more deceptions and frustrations for me. I have stored every version of Windows that came up, every versions i worked with, Dos versions too, for my professional work. Paid a fortune .....

Totally loved win 2000 simple, work station based, no crap, no game, just work and works.

Even worked with mac's

Now regarding Zorin Os and other linux based Os as an alternative.

When we hear on the web a 18-19 years critical bug has never been plugged ............ pisses me off

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's just simply up to you! Nobody push you to do this and that or whatsoever, except you self!

Changing the time in Linux OS need as much steps as in Windows. In Windows 8/8.1 the procedure is the same as in Windows 7, 10TP, Vista etc.! Just to take your example! If you don't like something, fine, don't use it! Is as easy as that. It's the choice of any single user what he/she will use or not!

I don't like many thing of MS Software! Why I should complain about that? For to show that I hate it? For what? It's just my own choice to use or not to use. Period! Other's like what I dislike and vice versa! That's life my dear friend!

6. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    you're right

why not give us an option to simply remove this and that, no tweaking of any sort, just a remove option for all the included thing we don't whant.

would be fine by me.

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    As we're talking about Windows 10 TP (an Alpha Stage OS), we didn't know how the final will look like! There many changes to come as well as many things removed! On the other hand, any new feature and that includes the make of available removal of feature, will need quite a bit of 'extra' programming, special if it comes to something what just a fraction of the users asking for!

In reality, it's up to the user to just 'ignore' something what isn't liked and it will not bother anymore. Individualism isn't possible to par with a majority and there will every time a lot of users who like and/or dislike something!

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
  9. Garbellano

Garbellano MDL Addicted

Aug 13, 2012
    nobody would find any difficult to use this piece of crap. In fact, if you are in 7, you dont need anything more.

10. CODYQX4

CODYQX4 MDL Developer

Sep 4, 2009
    #12 CODYQX4, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019

11. Polyester

Polyester MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Really? Too happy to hear that.
    I'm waiting for the new Window 10 release in my country...