Who can share XPSP3En Update Packs?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by knetxp, May 6, 2010.

1. knetxp

knetxp MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I need an Updatepack of Win XP SP3 English, so I can update more easily after installing XP.
    Can anyone who has it share with me?

2. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  4. knetxp

knetxp MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I need all updates from when SP3 was released (2008-5-2) till now.
    not SP2 to SP3 pack.
    I have this iso:
    en_windows_xp_professional_with_service_pack_3_x86_cd_vl_x14-73974.iso

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  6. knetxp

knetxp MDL Junior Member

Apr 30, 2010
    I have downloaded that and integrited it with nlite.
    But I found that XP with integrited updates always meet this kind of problems: Explorer.EXE Error and Runtime Error.

7. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Most likely an Nlite issue...the program is garbage. If you download the RyanVM packs, integrate with the ryanVM integration tool..much better quality and it is much cleaner...NEVER recommend Nlite...;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    totally agree Nlite is garbage peeps don't realize it modifies files e.c.t without them even knowing

9. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    The absolute best tool for patching XP SP3 after installation is AutoPatcher. The free AutoPatcher Updater script fetches a mass installer program along with all critical and recommended post SP3 patches directly from Microsoft's servers. Additional modules may be selected for download and installation including DirectX, Addons and Extras. For more detailed information re AutoPatcher capabilities and usage instructions, refer to my previous AutoPatcher posts on MDL.

10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    #11 urie, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
    That is the problem with AutoPatcher novice use will probalbly select things not needed, similar to peeps on here with windows 7 update Packs they seem to think install every update availabe that is garbage every machine is different. i am not saying i never use AutoPatcher i did years ago, became totally bloated and before broadband took forever to dowlnoad, I do know now it has been slimmed down and now you select what updates to dowload rather than them being in the archive. That is why is suggested Windows update downloader list are up to date, as for RyanVM packs and integration tool still one of the best as long as update packs are updated.

11. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    #12 Whiznot, May 8, 2010
    Last edited: May 8, 2010
    Knetxp said he wanted to update after installing XP. I thought that WUD and RyanVM were only for integration into an install source. AutoPatcher will not integrate updates into a source but its great for updating an existing install. At a minimum Autopatcher will download by default the installer, the updater and all critical and recommended MS patches since SP3. I like AutoPatcher because it defaults to installation limited to critical patches that have not been previously installed. Optional modules are deselected by default. The only real shortcoming of AutoPatcher is that script updating for recent patches might be delayed for a few days.