WHS activation where am i going wrong?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by Jamie45, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Jamie45

Jamie45 MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2008
    #1 Jamie45, Aug 24, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
    Hi Guys,

Been having probs trying to activate WHS PP3, i have used the DMI tattoo tool to add the HP DMI string to bios, also followed the few guides on here to create an OEM install disk using both the WHS PP3 trial iso and even PP1 msdn iso.

I have also tried the WHS_HP change tool without success and cannot figure out what the problem is.

I am trying to install onto a Rackable systems server with Rioworks HDAMA rev.G motherboard which uses a phoenix bios, now i might be grasping at straws but i noticed that the DMI tattoo tool is ment for Award/AMI/Intel, i understant phoenix do make award/ami bioses but i dont think the bios of the rioworks hdama is either award or ami.

i used everest ultimate to check the dmi info and it does display the hewlett-packard string under manufacturer, but i dont know if there is something missing as OEMBIOS.exe says none of the oembios sets will pre-activate my system.

does anyone have any idea's what the problem could be?

EDIT* forgot to mention i have been using the ZWT oem key eg. FPVQV

2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
  3. Jamie45

Jamie45 MDL Novice

Oct 7, 2008
    hi sebus thank you for the reply.

i'll have a look at the bioses but i think the one's on here dont include slp or slic as i had to make my own before, i can easily make an SLIC 2.1 bios for this board and activate any OS like vista/7/server 2k8. its just xp/server 2003 etc i cant activate due to not being able to add the slp as easily as i can slic 2.1 it seems.

but i'll keep reading on and see how things go, quite liked the idea of WHS as it had a few features i liked and found easy to config compared to server 2k8 but at least i can always go back to other versions.

again thanks for the reply.

Jamie.