WHS- any images activated?

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by r0de0, Jul 13, 2010.

1. r0de0

r0de0 Guest

Howdy,

Does anybody have a working WHS image to share?
    One that is activated successfully?
    I have tried all the suggestions here and have come up empty with the 30 days ending with losing my many installations.

Much appreciation for all suggestions but can someone cut to the chase?

Cheers,
    Wyatt.

2. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Doesn't IR4 3.1 by timesurfer or RemoveWAT fix the activation issue....

3. r0de0

r0de0 Guest

Interestingly enough, no.
    It just comes back and says how many days are left for activation and if I roll the date forward, sure enough, it expires.
    :(
    <This is using an image for WHS 2008 not Vail beta, will those work with Vail Beta?>

4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Ahh that is why Windows Home Server is based off of Windows Server 2003....
    There are not many hacks that I know of out for Xp because the dev's for hacks target newer Operating Systems....
    I would try Server 2008 R2: Home Server 2010 ( Yes its based off of Server 2008 R2) and try any of these:
    IR4, RemoveWAT, and Universal KMS activator 5.0 by Phazor....
    In a couple of days a more comprehensive support list for all the major hacks out at the moment will be released into the wild...
    right now I'm playin with it with the Developers and such....

5. r0de0

r0de0 Guest

Thank you for your kind and prompt reply.

I will download a fresh copy from MS and try all of the above as I have R2, or so I thought but maybe I need a fresh ISO to work with and the 'latest major hacks out in the wild'!

Cheers,
    Wyatt.

6. nefarious

nefarious MDL Novice

Aug 17, 2009
    The VLK release works fine. Activates and updates with no problem.

7. r0de0

r0de0 Guest

Nefarious, thank you for your input but do you have a link to this "VLK release'?

Wyatt.

8. r0de0

r0de0 Guest

#8 r0de0, Jul 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2010
    (OP)
    Hi Smorgan,

With the latest ISO downloaded from MS, ODIN doesn't have a key for this OS, IR4 installs but doesn't stop the activation message, RemoveWAT says it's the wrong OS, KMS activator 5.0 says it's a non-supported OS and Universal KMS activator gives me error slui.exe 0x2a 0x80041010.

So, the quest continues to find a solution...

Cheers,
    Wyatt.

9. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    Well crap time to go to the developers with this one....
    I'll relay this to phazor, timesurfer, hazar and that last guy i can't remember at the moment...
    This just sux...

10. r0de0

r0de0 Guest

Thank you Smorgan,

I look forward to any developments. I guess the bottom line on what I am asking here is, is there a tried and true activation method for WHS, and if so, maybe an ISO I can download?

I also appreciate Nefarious's input, but have no idea on how to go about his mentioned success with "VLK release'!?
    Where might one find and or apply this?

:)

Cheers,
    Wyatt.

11. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    This thread is a mess, cross referencing different versions of WHS

VL conversion exists for WHS based on Server 2003, but that is much easier/better to convert to OEM
    If that is what you have then search will give you all the needed answers (in oembioschanger from XP section)

The WHS based on Server 2008 is in beta only, yes it is codename Vail & there is jo known activation for it as yet

sebus

12. r0de0

r0de0 Guest

It really wasn't my intention to create a mess however, I thought I was pretty straight forward with my request in getting an activated copy of WHS, of any flavor really.

Your message seems pretty definitive so I'll just take my sorry ass off somewhere's else till an actual solution may present itself.

Thank you to all who have participated in my mess.

Cheers,
    Wyatt.

13. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    WHS based on Server 2003 (as used in ie HP MediaSmart & also trial available from M$ with Power Pack 3) uses SLP 1.0 activation & it is piss easy to create yourself (you do NOT need any pre-activated c**p)
    All the instructions are here (just do the little search)

Vail is in beta & there is no activation solution I believe

That should pretty much answer your question in full

sebus

14. r0de0

r0de0 Guest

I did some more research here and I gotta tell you, I found some of your other replies to members and you could probably spend time just sticking to the subject instead of being anally retentive.

I will dump my account and move on. Thanks for nothing.

15. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    Going the legitimate route...

The copy (of WHS Vail) I Dl from Connect a few months ago also had a key available by clicking the "Product keys" button.
    There is a choice for:
    Vail Public Preview Product Keys, w/ a key given there.

It worked on mine.