Why am I having so much trouble activating after injecting SLIC in HP BIOS?

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by TheReasonIFailed, Aug 28, 2013.

1. TheReasonIFailed

TheReasonIFailed MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    #1 TheReasonIFailed, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    I've got a few HP/Compaq dx2400's that I'd like to inject SLIC 2.1 into and I use the latest AMI BIOS Mod Tool.

I go through the steps; select the SLIC, SLP and Certificate. The Tool tells me that the certificate is a match but after flashing and attempting to activate; Windows will not activate successfully.

I'm using PAYMYRENT's Key Cert Branding Tool to apply the key and cert.

Anyone care to shine a light on this problem for me? I tried to search for similar problems but couldn't find any posts.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

2. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mohamedkamel

mohamedkamel MDL Addicted

Jul 5, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. TheReasonIFailed

Jul 30, 2009
    Yeah I went ahead and used Windows Loader for the time being but I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction to fix this problem.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  6. TheReasonIFailed

Jul 30, 2009
    Here you go!!

SLIC_Toolkit_Screenshot.jpg

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    No need for Watfix e.c.t the bios mod is not correct. How did you modify bios With AMItool i,e, SSV, SSV2, SSV3 Dynamic ? Use MMTool and what manufacturer did you select.

Try using SSV3 and alsoselect MMTool and select other for manufacturer (P.S. if you know the motherboard manufacturer select that a lot of HP machines have ASUS Motherboards)

8. TheReasonIFailed

Jul 30, 2009
    urie,

Thanks for your help! Pointing me to that tool allowed me to see where the mistake was. As you can see RDST referenced BPC SLIC while I injected the MPC SLIC which didn't match. Running the AMItool once more and injecting the BPC SLIC resolved my problem! Everything is working thanks to your direction!

Thanks again!