why are important mdl members banned ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pierrejaquet, May 23, 2011.

1. pierrejaquet

pierrejaquet MDL Member

Jan 14, 2010
    #1 pierrejaquet, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
    why are important mdl members banned ?

Sometimes I see old members with lot of posts getting banned.

1)It would help me sleep at night if the reasons are made public.

2)It would allow and encourage other people to not make the sames mistakes.

maybe make a subforum that show ban notices. It doesn't have to be stored forever, old ban notices could be removed after a certain time.

2. JTBrinkmann

JTBrinkmann MDL Novice

Apr 28, 2011
    yeah, that would be really interesting

3. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    Even our favorite memb's misbehave :p

And MDL is pretty merciful generally speaking :eek:

4. _spinner_

_spinner_ MDL Addicted

Apr 3, 2011
    yep Song Jiang,
    ure completely right, everyone made a mistake,but the last times are boring, annoying and makes angry....
    Think that the spirit of the forum is to try, share, discover and digg into new OS, not just take a part of honour with fakes and lies, blaming bulls**t
    If there is someone with new builds, (and there are many...) i did not say to share to everyone(lot of noobies) but just on a group of older trusted selected members...
    It can be something, just to go on with the forum life, bringin more people and interest to it....

The builds are traceable.... until it remains in good hands.... with what it can be said/showed or not the source will be secure

Otherwise, really the thread can be closed, until we have a new build, we have nothing to discuss except jokes....for this is already chit chat section....

just my point of view, nothing personal...

Old times when we are all happy and awake till late night to install every new 7 build leaked are missing.......

Nice goin forum....

5. Bosh

Bosh MDL Developer

May 30, 2010
    I agree with _alex_, this whole "Leak thing" sucks! I miss the old MDL when the MDL projects were far more important the the dumb leak that worths nothing. At the end we're all going to install a retail W8.

Peace :shisha:

6. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    I agree also it seems that most of the people that have posted in that thread and got banned just joined MDL for windows 8. Everyone should be joining for the whole site not just to get angry about not getting the next leak. lol people are funny sometimes.

7. pierrejaquet

pierrejaquet MDL Member

Jan 14, 2010
    lol my thread totally changed subject XD

but I guess that people that post here agree with me.

8. Happpy

Happpy MDL Senior Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Mate can you show the names of who are banned?

9. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    It seems to me the same few people act like idiots, get banned, come back with a different name, act like idiots again, get banned again, etc.
    There may be lots of things I'm not aware of, but based on what I do know, I don't blame the Admin/Mods 1 bit for their actions.
    They have a lot more patience than I would have with some of the nonsesnse here.
    As mentioned elsewhere, the Win 8 leak situation has caused more problems than the Win 7 or VISTA deals ever did.
    Pretty hard to stop an idiot from being an idiot no matter what you do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. kingof69ng

kingof69ng MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    MDL is a different place from when i joined (least on the W8 side)
    makes me sad almost seeing how much i grew to like the community but unless changes are done i dont see the W8 side getting anywhere reallly.
    notuntil another official leak is presented by admins.
    or we get stricter rules on who can view what, not to mention post.
    This place needs major credit renewal, for lack of a better analogy.
    i love mdl but as is. i'm dissapointed a lil

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. pierrejaquet

pierrejaquet MDL Member

Jan 14, 2010
    I didn't wrote them down, sorry lol

my memory is not what it used to be ^^

12. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
    #12 NoJuan999, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 25, 2011
    I'm Not Banned.
    But that would be due to the Fact that I actually Read and Follow the Forum Rules.

Users that continuosly Break the Rules get Banned, it's the same on ANY Forum.

13. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    NoJuan999 simply has answered your question.
    I'm a bit surprised about this thread.

And what wonders me as well is your thread title: why are important mdl members banned
    and your post #14...... you cannot name ONE 'important' member...hmmmm....so are they, really?

The MDL team doesn't ban members, because we have fun when doing it. We are not cruel either.
    We also respect everybody's privacy and do not make public the reason for it. We don't pillory somebody at the public.

There is only one reason, no matter what anybody else says: They have violated the MDL rules.

14. FaiKee

FaiKee Misinformation spreader

Jul 24, 2009
    One day when canouna was banned then this thread would stand LOL. :giljotiini:

15. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Of course there are a lot of people that only joined for windows 8. This can go in 2 ways, either they leave after the win8 rush, or they become members that regularly visit the forum for other things that the win8 rush.
    At that point most will return back to normal again I guess...

16. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I don't think so, some people are like moths drawn to a flame. They will keep coming and doing the same nonsense over and over till they get burnt.

17. UVAIS

UVAIS MDL Expert

Mar 17, 2011
    because 'Rules are Rules' ;)

18. kingof69ng

kingof69ng MDL Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I wont lie. I came here because i was browsing windows8news regularly and it gave credit to mdl. i browsed annon for a couple days then decided to join not just because of 8 but i was surprised by the achivements made by the people here like Daz's lloader for example. or woat 3.2. being this close to where it started just felt right unfortunately like r29k said i dont see an end to it more people will come and more nonsense will be reapeated. what can we do? u kno.