Why can't I burn correctly?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by AmuletOfNight, Jun 25, 2010.

1. AmuletOfNight

AmuletOfNight MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    I seem to be at a dilemma here...I CANT burn Windows 7!

I've tried both x86 and x64 versions of Windows 7, I've made sure their MD5's are official, and they are. In perfect condition. I have used TWO different brands of CD's. I have burned 3 copies on both CD's. I've tried ImgBurn, and the official microsoft dvd burner. But every single time, the verifying fails at 66%. And when using the windows setup, "Expanding Windows Files" stops at 66%! What's wrong?

2. trolltamer2

trolltamer2 MDL Junior Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Well if you ARE using CD's..... lolol........... Jesting aside have you tried burning @ x1 or 2 ?? They don't like burning fast!!

3. zedbra

zedbra MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    ImgBurn is the best, and obviously 3GB will only fit on a DVD. Perhaps its a problem with the Burner itself. Also using "cheap" media could cuase a fail. make sure you are burning to a good DVD-R disc.:)

4. AmuletOfNight

AmuletOfNight MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    I burn at 3x because that's as low as my computer goes. And, are MAXELL DVD-R's good?

5. zedbra

zedbra MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    Maxell is ok. there might be a problem with the burner. can you burn anything else successfully??

6. AmuletOfNight

AmuletOfNight MDL Novice

Apr 10, 2010
    Completely. Everything is 100% fine. Just not W7.

7. WCCobra

WCCobra MDL Junior Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Use a DVD. I recommend using PowerISO. Finally, burn at the slowest speed possible. (Don't use the PC while it's burning if your on an older PC)

8. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    The problem is in burning and not the iso. Imgburn or any software will burn whatever is requested without verifying the genuineness of the win7 image. Check as advised. But you can also burn at another PC (if this is holding up your install). I burn win 7 with imgburn at 1x (8x for movies).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
  11. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    I like Virtual CD 10. I also like PowerISO.

I burn everything at the max speed and have never had errors. Either of the above programs give you virtual drives into which you can insert ISO files to do various installs and create bootable USB or DVDs. They both support burning from the virtual drive and add this option to the right click menu.

Just my 2 cents worth.

12. zedbra

zedbra MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    i agree with Phazor, i was gonna suggest burning to USB but he beat me to it:)
    check out THIS Guide

13. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    I use Ultra iso. Open move to Bootable -> write image -> select you media.... I also burn all my Win 7 to 4GB USB's.
    If you DL image is GOOD there should be NO PROBLEMS..

14. GAVINEER

GAVINEER MDL Novice

Jan 9, 2009
    Here's what you'll need:
    ===============
    1. A 25-pack Sony 4.7 GB DVD+RW discs. (4.37 GB/each to be exact; inexpensive & can re-burn over and over.)
    2. Latest Nero version. (Highly recommended.)
    3. A working DVD+R/RW burner. (Check your hardware & drivers if necessary.)
    4. Windows 7 ISOs (Check your hashes & CRCs.)

P.S.: I don't recommend optical emulation programs such as Daemon Tools, PowerISO & UltraISO. Try them through VMware.

Best of luck to you...