Why did you join MDL?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by flare4000, Nov 20, 2010.

?

How did you find MDL

1. Accident

30.6%
  2. I know someone

16.7%
  3. Searched the web...

72.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. flare4000

flare4000 MDL Senior Member

Apr 23, 2010
    #1 flare4000, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    I will start,

I was looking for a way to run windows 7. So I found a torrent by timesurfer with Daz's loader and the comments were good and I went here to say thanks but I got hooked to this forum [​IMG]

How about you?

2. Yen

Yen Admin
    Staff Member

May 6, 2007
    I'm a bios modder and other forums didn't like to post biosmods, because bricks can occur. After one month after MDL forums were opened I registered here as bios modder. My intention was to bring the Chinese methods to here. Even though I'm not Chinese I was able to develop some methods. And now I'm admin of a fantastic forum.
    MDL started small:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20070429052126/http://forums.mydigitallife.net/

and thanks to a fantastic team we have become one of the best AND FREE forum for enthusiasts.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. flare4000

Apr 23, 2010
    Wow MDL is really developed since then... Wow

And ya changed my post.

4. Alphawaves

Alphawaves Super Moderator/Developer
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I joined after bricking my bios lol.. Yen fixed it for me..:worthy:

5. dabits

dabits Guest

A friend installed Vista on my pc with a biosmod.
    He told me he found the info here, so I checked the place out :cool:
    I'm not ready for biosmodding yet, so I used Daz's loader and installed and activated Windows 7 Ultimate.
    The next step is a reinstall with a modded (by myself) bios :biggrin:
    With the help of CODYQX4's toolkit I activated Office 2010 :)
    And then I kinda fell in love with this place :D
    You could spend all day here, there's so much info here.
    I want to be more independent, and MDL helped me :hug2:

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I joined to enable to active Windows XP. Now i know how to active all the Os's. This make me look very good when i do new PC builds and mend old ones.
    Folk think i am some sort of computer expert. I get many brownie points. All thanks to MDL..

THANKS.....

7. timesurfer

timesurfer MDL Developer

Nov 22, 2009
    #7 timesurfer, Nov 20, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2010
    I am not to blame...lol

Yes I do remember that torrent. My first torrent based mostly on the "Repo" and the first non-intergrated torrent with everything you needed to install including Daz loader I think 1.6.4

Actually kinda related I had vista that my school gave me for free worked ok but I wanted to test 7 so found a link to the "Repo" on BtJunkie and did the torrent then helped like 3,000 people install then didn't want to hang out at that site but got hooked on helping others so I started answering questions here and learning and it's almost been exactly 1 year 11/22/09

This site has all that attributes and quality of members I enjoy ;)

8. bp1

bp1 MDL Member

May 11, 2009
    Came across MDL after problems with a test machine some years ago. The people on these forums are great and so knowlegable and always willing to help.
    MDL is the place to enhance your knowledge and when you can to help others like others help you.
    i visit MDL on a daily basis as its the best site for support and to gain good knowledge on computer hardware on the web.

Thanks
    bp1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Deb_Rider

Deb_Rider MDL Senior Member

Aug 21, 2010
    truely speaking.....
    I was unaware about this site before the day I joined......
    Tito was just surfing MDL from my computer,I found that quite interesting and I joined........
    Now I am in love with MDL

10. flare4000

Apr 23, 2010
    Added poll to keep track

11. oscarsp

oscarsp MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2010
    I still dont know T_T

12. pkaji123

pkaji123 MDL Addicted

Aug 22, 2009
    I joined MDL to clear my problems with drivers..

13. trance89

trance89 MDL Member

Oct 29, 2010
    i wanted to download one file :)

14. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    You can't beat honesty !! :D

As for me. Well in 2008 i bought an HP desktop....... i know worst thing i ever did buying an OEM machine. So i was looking to get some OCing options out of my BIOS. everything was locked down. Did some web searching about modifying / unlocking BIOS and kept seeing this forum pop up. Took a look around and found loads of interesting stuff. I thought i had found my geek nirvana :D .

So in the end i requested a mod, to get SLIC 2.1 and also see if any features could be unlocked. Busykid 508 and Nojuan 999 were both kind enough to oblige and off i went. Sadly learned the hard way and bricked my HP mobo :( . In the end though that turned out to be a good thing as it meant new mobo time for me ....oh yeah ! Anyway ive been here for 2 years now and a Super moderator for 1 of those years. I take great satisfaction and pride from my role at MDL, I love the ethos of the forum. The willingness to help others and share knowledge FREELY. To me that's really great, special.

The forum is made up of some fantastic people with great minds and attitude's. That's what makes My Digital Life.

15. seniorgeek1969

seniorgeek1969 MDL Junior Member

Aug 4, 2010
    I am a hardware guy and i was interested in learning more about the software end,I was a member of chew7 and when they went down I did a search for a member that I knew (from chew7) and found mdl. I visit here daily and I haved learned alot from all of you so thanks :worthy:

16. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    I beta test Microsoft stuff and tested the Beta to RC to RTM of both Vista and 7 and I was looking for a way to use Windows 7 for free and came across the Loader from Orbit30 (that only worked for the beta and RC) and then it led me to the Windows Loader by Daz which works wonderfully for the RTM. I love this site, other than email and Facebook this is one of the few sites I look at everyday because I can always learn something on here. I also hope I am contributing enough to keep my welcome. Thanks everyone for all your help past present and future! :)

17. phu_dj

phu_dj MDL Member

Sep 9, 2010
    When TTAV134 teach me modify bios :)

18. rf4burns

rf4burns MDL Novice

Jan 2, 2011
    reason

I joined mdl yesterday as I needed to update my bios and needed to know some answers for softmoding wii

:starwars:

19. vistausah

vistausah MDL Novice

Apr 8, 2009
    seems to be the hot place for windows 8 stuffs ;)

20. ie9

ie9 MDL Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Knew canouna from a different forum ;)